My Chevy dealer guys

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
That year had a 5yr 100k powertrain that expired in January of this year based on the in service date of 01/04/2012. I'm not a dealer, but I have some dealer tools for my side biz ventures, so maybe someone else will chime in with better news for your friend.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I know some chick with a 12 Cruze that also had to replace the trans.
I want to say she was under 50k miles and she is original owner.
She paid around $2500 to a shop on the south side, I can get you info if needed.
Cant vouch for the shop though as I dont know them.

Edit: missed the Dekalb part, lol.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Correct answer: Nope. It is whichever comes first. Time or mileage. Time is from the in-service date which as listed was 1/4/12. So 1/4/17 is when it expired regardless of the 100k mileage coverage.

Grey area answer: What is at dealer discretion is something we called "Goodwill warranty". Meaning had you come in in February with this issue, sometimes the dealer would go "Ok, we'll handle this, and then submit to GM and see if they will cover." However, If they don't cover it, it's more or less on the dealership. Which leads me to my next point as to why they probably won't do this... It's a transmission. Transmissions aren't cheap, and labor to R&R them isn't cheap. Couple that with being 10 months out of warranty, I highly doubt they would go this route. For something simple and relatively cheap, yes. But a transmission, probably not.

A potential, hail mary grey area is to play games with GM's system. I won't say that we did this, but sometimes "errors", say along the lines of VIN#, occurred and we could play things off in the system. Think of it as robbing Peter to pay Paul kinda nonsense. I don't know what GM's controls are anymore, but again, "errors" occasionally occurred. But here, much like above, it was on cheaper things to R&R.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info