Anyone here work for ford? Gillespie Ford Sucks dick

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Gillespie Ford can suck my dick as far as I am concerned, so rather bring this thing to someone who knows what they are doing

First these dickheads NEVER answer the phone.
My wifes 2014 escape has a weird issue. So she goes and grabs her coffee every morning and leaves the parking lot and gives it some gas. About halfway through the acceleration it's like someone slaps the throttle closed on your face. Also while driving and easing off the gas it feels like the throttle closes halfway before it shifts. It's not right at all.

So I drop it off and give them a full description. These dickheads call me back and said they drove it around the back parking lot and didn't find any issues. 2 minutes later he said he drove 9 miles. Sorry but you didn't drive 9 miles in a crowded parking lot. So he said he found no issues and didn't see any recalls for a throttle body.

Then he tells me the car has 36k miles on it and he recommends a transmission flush and fuel flush because those are recommended at 30k miles. And of course wants to charge me. Then tells me the trans is a sealed system and maybe it got water in there.....well if it was a sealed system there was would be no way for water or moisture to get in there and if ford can't build a trans to last 36k miles why are they in business. Then gave me the same song and dance about the how the brake system works. It's not like I'm driving around with my bleeders open or brake fluid cap off asking for issues. I looked up the maintenance interval for the trans service and it's recommended be done at 150k miles...not 30k.

So if there is a trans problem and i didn't pay them some ridiculous amount to flush it at 30k will they try to deny my warranty?

Anyone else seen a similar issue with these or know a good place I can drop it off at to be fixed under warranty? I also swear I will never buy another ford ever again. The LED brake light shit the bed already and that was $70 (literally right after the 36k was rolled over and the dealer wanted $85 the light alone) and how rude they are every time I go or call them.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
So finally I got the truck back. After not getting anywhere with them then driving past the dealer at night and the next morning the truck had no moved. So I made a review on yelp and then the service director called me. Asking what he can do to get me to remove it.
I said to fix my truck and not pawn it off, i also asked for a few service advisor since I didn't like him. He said he will look into the recall....but may have to order parts since he never did it before. Then said he can finish it all up tonight or tomorrow? He didn't have anything concrete to say. He drove the truck with his 'transmission' tech and said it felt normal but they reset the BCM anyway and the trans is now in learning mode.
I drives even worse now. I babied it the few times I took it out. 2nd to 3rd gear it slips. Keep on the pedal like 20% throttle and before the shift the RPM revs up about 1k and it throws you forward then shifts
So they did the recall, I believe it was something about bolting down the back seats. They took the car seats out and said we had to reinstall them. I get that it's a liability so I'm not mad about it. Here is where they still fall short

1) They never called to let me know the truck was done
2) it drives even worse. Why don't you take it home which I already gave you permission for and help it learn faster so you can't just blame me the customer if it doesn't work
3) He was practically begging me to take the review down. Saying how he wasn't happy about it..yeah and I wasn't happy about your service. You think some company like that would go the extra step and help make the customer happy. No discount on the oil change, it was $44, not a big deal but at least show the customer you are willing to work with them. Could of wiped down the dash, or washed the car. Nope, nothing. All they did was want to sell me some BS trans flush and brake pads. I mean is it really that hard to call and say your vehicle is ready for pick up.

Oh please call or email me with a survey, I would love this. I go out of my way to make sure all my customers are happy to the best of my ability. I get that you cant make everyone happy 100% but at least try your best or show that you care. That place is a joke

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Go up the chain to Ford corporate and demand your car be towed to another Ford dealer at their cost, if they can't fix it to your satisfaction. Leave the Yelp review up as incentive, because they obviously care about that, and it's nice leverage.

Is the car still under warranty? 36K and 3 years, you'd be right at that mark.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Go up the chain to Ford corporate and demand your car be towed to another Ford dealer at their cost, if they can't fix it to your satisfaction. Leave the Yelp review up as incentive, because they obviously care about that, and it's nice leverage.

Is the car still under warranty? 36K and 3 years, you'd be right at that mark.
it's 45k miles. 5year/60k is the warranty (i believe)

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
it's 45k miles. 5year/60k is the warranty (i believe)

Fuck, if that’s warranty work, I’d be pounding that dealer hard on social media and writing letters and calling Ford corporate until it’s fixed the way you want it. There’s no excuse for the run around you’re getting. The dealer obviously responds to negative reviews, write another one on Google reviews; I’m assuming you’ll get another desperate phone call to get that one taken down too. Tell them they know how to solve this issue, fix the problem.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I have to admit, I've always been a die-hard ford guy, but their service and non-performance/truck offerings since the late 00's have basically been hot garbage....

The ONE time I brought my current mustang for a repair, it took 3 attempts for them to fix the growling rear diff.... First time "Nothings Wrong", Second time I demand to go with the Tech and reproduce the issue readily and they take it back. "We put an additive in the diff fluid", I go to pickup the car and its still growling... The Third time "We replaced the ring and pinion along with the bearings".

Guess which repair actually fixed the Diff.....

For the Ford Vs Chevy debate, I don't think Chevys offerings are any better when it comes to Compact/midsize either, nor do I think their service is any better from friends and family who've had modern cars.

Focus/Escape have Trans and Electrical issues, the Cruze and Equinox have Turbo and oil consumption issues respectively. Both are serious problems, just different.

I bought German most recently, but I basically tell every friend and family member to just buy the nicest Honda or Toyota they can afford and call it a day.....

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
I'm ready to trade my ford in and never ever look back.

Two best places I’ve had with Customer Service is Lexus; hands down #1 and Chevy. All the issues I’ve ever had they’ve gone above and beyond for me. I’ll never buy another Ford unless it’s a fun car and a warranty isn’t a concern. Hear all kinds of horror stories on the Service end. Only time I have ever heard of a positive on a Ford Dealer was Gomez or Dickey hooking someone up with a sign and drive! I’m sure I could’ve gotten a smoking deal on an Expedition EL but they are no competition for the Suburban/Yukon line. I’d say trade it in and get out from under it if you can.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Last new Ford I had was over a decade ago, and had a terrible experience with Ford customer service on a few month old car with 15k miles on it. The dealer service dept. was great.

Back in a new Ford again and the passenger seat heater is out. I'm hoping this doesn't become a repeat bad experience.

Second that Lexus is the best service. They treated me like a king with my older 60k mile car.

I doubt I'll keep this one past when the powertrain warranty is up.

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
My GF bought a brand new kia sorento a few years ago, top of the line, heating cooling seats, v6, awd, etc. 10 year powertrain warranty, she's had dumb shit like the rear gate start to rust in a spot (they fixed for free), and the backup camera freeze sometimes, otherwise it's been a great vehicle

I like to support American and every other vehicle I own is American made, but I refuse to buy anything new. It seems like people have nothing but problems with new vehicles. Unless you can afford a lump sum buyout on a new vehicle, who seriously wants to finance a car for 48-60 months then have to deal with all these issues?

FFS

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I'm surprised, I've never had anything but good experiences at Ford dealers. Arlington Ford has generally been OK, not great, but definitely not bad. Bredeman in Glenview is awesome. Chrysler was straight garbage to work with and Autobarn VW in Mt. Prospect has always been blah. Patrick Volvo in Schaumburg has easily been my best extended dealer experience. Always fixed my stuff right the first time, and ALWAYS had a brand new Volvo loaner for me, no matter if I was bringing in my '99 or my warranty C30.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I've owned one Ford- a 1998 Contour SVT. It has the honor of holding the worst car buying experience in my life (Packey Webb Ford) and worst dealer service experiences of my life (Fair Oaks Ford). No other brand really even comes close.

How'd you like your CSVT? I loved mine. I was a poor college kid when I had mine, so I couldn't put the money and time in it, that it deserved, and I keep an eye open for a decent one still as a project/toy option.

pulseczar

Custom User Title
Sep 2, 2015
Channahon
How'd you like your CSVT? I loved mine. I was a poor college kid when I had mine, so I couldn't put the money and time in it, that it deserved, and I keep an eye open for a decent one still as a project/toy option.

It was great for what it was. Good handling, comfortable, quick enough for its time, I liked the looks. They should have came with LSD to be a real competitor. It was my first 4 door, I think I owned it around 2001 through 2003.

Many people did the 3.0 Duratec swap. CSVTs are dirt cheap now and almost impossible to find without tons of miles.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
It was great for what it was. Good handling, comfortable, quick enough for its time, I liked the looks. They should have came with LSD to be a real competitor. It was my first 4 door, I think I owned it around 2001 through 2003.

Many people did the 3.0 Duratec swap. CSVTs are dirt cheap now and almost impossible to find without tons of miles.

Yeah, the 3.0L was definitely a popular swap when I had mine too...2005 to 2009ish. There were a couple of guys running around with LSD's and swapped 3.0L turbos, and were barely into the 12's. The chassis just can't handle much more than a 3.0L swap. But for what it was, it was great. Nothing spectacular by todays standards, but fun none the less.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info