Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Anyone have any experience with these tires? It's definitely time for some new rears on the GTO and I was thinking about giving these a shot. I've been running hankook ventus evos for as long as I can remember and I've always been quite pleased with them, but my 235 has regular pilot sports, and I've been rather impressed with those too, so maybe it's time for a switch.

I really wish I could get the new sport 4 or 4S, but the widest size they currently make for those in 18s is 245.

I could get a set of sport cup 2's in the size i need :s00ls: but i REALLY do not need that much tire.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well that was interesting. Went to Discount to order up a couple PS2's for the GTO, and APPARENTLY they're the only Michelin summer tire with a 93Y load rating, and the GTO requires at least a 95. So I decided to just order the regular super sports instead as they are 97Y like my hankooks. So now my GTO and 235 will be twinsies!

They said they should have them by tomorrow, so I guess i'll head over there after work tomorrow and have them fitted.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Well that was interesting. Went to Discount to order up a couple PS2's for the GTO, and APPARENTLY they're the only Michelin summer tire with a 93Y load rating, and the GTO requires at least a 95. So I decided to just order the regular super sports instead as they are 97Y like my hankooks. So now my GTO and 235 will be twinsies!

They said they should have them by tomorrow, so I guess i'll head over there after work tomorrow and have them fitted.

The SuperSports replaced the PS2s, and the new PS4S replaces the SS. The PS4S is supposed to be a good upgrade over the Super Sports.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Welp, got my new supercar tires on the GTO now. I'll let em settle overnight and then see if i can actually use 2nd gear again tomorrow morning.

There's something about having the manager walk out and look the car over only to come back inside and say "I've never seen anything like that before in my life" that always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling :rofl:

Shame about the PS4S, but once the tread finally wears out on the 235's super sports, I MIGHT be able to slap those on that car. Tho the rears on that one are 245/35/18, and the PS4S is 245/40/18

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Good news! 2nd gear is useable again!! I can once again pull briskly into traffic w/out having to worry if I'm going to be facing them after 50 feet.

I will say even tho these SS's are 265/35 like my hankooks were, they definitely have a lot more meat around the outside than the kooks did :rofl:

QwkC5Fe.jpg

G8gp1Fk.jpg

AfNcFER.jpg

0TWmgOu.jpg

I almost immediately noticed the sound of more rocks/stones being thrown up alongside the rear of my car when I set off this morning. :rollpicard:

Now I just to wear these fronts down so I can replace those w/ SS's as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info