R&T asked readers for their top 10 cars of the 90s

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
And how is a Mustang Foxbody on there but not 96-98 Cobra? Foxbodies were cool as hell in the 80's, but they were on the way out in the 90's.

As for the NSX, my 3V convertible Mustang beat one at the drag strip once. Things were turds for the same price as a Viper!

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
You mean this fox platform;

1920px-Ford_Fairmont_sedan_1.jpg

Ducking for cover now...

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Crazy to think the 03 Cobras were still built on this platform...and they were one of the greatest automobiles ever constructed, only to be outdone by Tesla.

I know right. I see Fox and not only do I think of Mustang's, but also Granada's, Fairmont's, LTD's, etc...

No Wbodies??

Looking at that list, it looks more "performance" oriented than in general what was a great car from the 90's in other respective categories.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
What is with the Acura NSX? I get it that they were good looking cars, but what's special about them? They were severely under powered.

270hp in a 3000 lb car in 1990 is not severely under powered. Mustangs were putting out 220hp, Corvettes 245hp. Supras and 300zx's the gentlemans 280hp Good handling, all aluminum chassis. It was a reliable "exotic" car compared to anything the other people were making.

Right now the values are going up quite a bit so I think a lot more people are taking a look at them for "investment" opportunities as collectables.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
What is with the Acura NSX? I get it that they were good looking cars, but what's special about them? They were severely under powered.

Most of the cars on that list were not overly powerful. Take the Miata as an example. But it was great at what it was designed for. Small roadster with near perfect power for its size. Epic as a cruise/cornering car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info