With winter coming, anyone changing setups?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
First take care of some basic stuff before the track day: engine/trans mounts, front passenger wheel bearing and rear brakes.

Shortly after, I'm gonna paint my stock rims black and throw on some winter tires. Then possibly some go-fast goodies.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
What's with everyone putting their stock airboxes back in? My FWI is fine in winter except the nasty vacuum cleaner sound on cold starts. I'm probably putting a bigger pulley on once it starts to snow but that's about it. the smaller one stays on for now so i can take advantage of the colder air.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
CrazyMook said:
i ran a fenderwell in the winter on my gtp :dunno:

I'll probably do the same. I'm thinking of getting one of those K&N precharger filter wraps to keep any salt that may get up there off the filter but that's about it. Maybe take the drilled 180 stat out as well. It took forever to heat up last winter.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
02SSEi said:
What's with everyone putting their stock airboxes back in? My FWI is fine in winter except the nasty vacuum cleaner sound on cold starts. I'm probably putting a bigger pulley on once it starts to snow but that's about it. the smaller one stays on for now so i can take advantage of the colder air.

I just dont like the sound of a freezing cold car on startup with a intake. The stock airbox muffles the sound alot.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
vipermike2002 said:
02SSEi said:

I just dont like the sound of a freezing cold car on startup with a intake. The stock airbox muffles the sound alot.

I agree it sounds pretty shitty.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info