Bought an Appliance the Other Night

GG Allin

Addict
Feb 27, 2012
ORD
2017 Honda Civic EX-T. Unloaded the MDX. The wife is taking the 4runner. She's not too thrilled about that. But keeping the 4Runner over the MDX was the better financial move. This was all done in the name of saving $$.

On to the Honda. Right away, I actually kind of like it. 1.5 liter turbo 4. Loaded with just about everything I'd want. I'd be a little happier if it had leather. But that's a $1500 option. Should get me to and from work cheaply and reliably for the next few years. They had an R in stock but that thing is too boy racer for my taste.

n2dSoZz.jpg

btmAfJT.jpg

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I think your the only person that can see them. Which dealer did you buy it from?

I took my car in for service and grabbed a base mode rental with the crappy 2.0L engine. I'm so damn happy I didn't buy one of those. The power band didnt feel smooth. My 1.5T feels night and day different.

GG Allin

Addict
Feb 27, 2012
ORD
Which dealer did you buy it from?

I took my car in for service and grabbed a base mode rental with the crappy 2.0L engine. I'm so damn happy I didn't buy one of those. The power band didnt feel smooth. My 1.5T feels night and day different.

Autonation in Des Plaines, 1/2 mile from my house.

The power is nice with the Turbo 4. Faster than my 4Runner for sure.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Yeah def. I had a 2006 civic and Id have to keep the Rs up to go anywhere. Powerband on the new civdawg is nice and low! I was surprised on the MPGs as well..I'm getting around 36.

How do you like the CVT? It's my first car with a CVT, took a little getting used to. Still weird coming to a stop light, I have to back off the throttle way before everyone else and coast into the stop light.

GG Allin

Addict
Feb 27, 2012
ORD
Yeah def. I had a 2006 civic and Id have to keep the Rs up to go anywhere. Powerband on the new civdawg is nice and low! I was surprised on the MPGs as well..I'm getting around 36.

How do you like the CVT? It's my first car with a CVT, took a little getting used to. Still weird coming to a stop light, I have to back off the throttle way before everyone else and coast into the stop light.

When I test drove it, I wasn't even aware of it. To me it almost feels like a smooth shifting automatic. I don't mind it at all. I would have looked for a manual though if I thought there'd be zero chance of my wife driving it.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I’m a fan of mine so far. Only thing I hate is the damn radio doesn’t have a volume knob, but the temp controls do..... like how often are you changing climate settings on an auto climate control car compared to stereo volume?

lol. Yeah that is kinda gay but for the new 2018 accords they took the temp knobs away and put radio and tunning knobs. :angrys00ls::angrys00ls:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info