anyone have any direct experience with transit connects/ram promasters/metris/etc?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
We have two first gen connects. trans problems with both. one needed a full rebuild. the other needed some solenoid. Other than slow as balls they've been good. We have monitors and both guys get in trouble for "flooring it too much" per corporate. Well fuck, the thing barely gets out of its own way as it is, then when you add 1000 punds of shit like we do daily then it needs to be floored to go anywhere

We have two newer big transits. The guys really like them so far. Only thing wrong is a recall for the driveshaft

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
the caravans are better than the transits? and the connects?

like this

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/d/2013-dodge-ram-cargo-89k-miles/6314307326.html
Yes. These are tanks. Usually v6 and pretty reliable. I know I beat the fuck out of my work one and it still worked everyday and tons of storage.

Plus you can empty it out, pop up the seats and be able to sit more then 2 people.

Only down side is sometimes they don't have a divider between the front/rear if you need that.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Ford Transit are garbage. Can store more then you think though. Slow, shit drivetrain.

Dodge ram are ok but still garbage. Dodges version of the transit.

Go with a Dodge caravan with stow and go or a Colorado with a bed cover.

Much better then transits and ram shitmasters.

Someone mention "Stow-N-Go"... Chrysler mini-van?

:fy:

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Seriously though Cargo van versions, I don't think have Stow-N-Go anyway.

But the overall cargo capacity is about the same as a Suburban and you have a nice floor to ceiling height to fill.

I know I've posted the pics of me stuffing the lawn tractor, two-bin bagger, and then the ramps in the back of mine.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
4a3.png

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Id go the minivan route like mentioned above if you're looking for something smallish. Our fleet is mostly Transit 350's with the Ecoboost. Best workvan I've ever had by far! My truck has to weigh at least 4 tons loaded and also has a ladder rack. Can cruise at 85mph without a sweat. Had Chevy 2500,3500 and Econoline 350's before my current Transit.

Mine is a 2015 first model year with 62k on it and it's been flawless. As mentioned above there is a driveshaft recall that needs to be done every 30k until Ford releases a permanent fix.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
My Inlaws run a first gen transit connect at their business and as already stated, shit slow, transmissions really aren't meant to deal with daily duty of 1000lbs+

On a positive note; they've beaten the sweet Jesus out of it for 50,000 miles without any major repair, and the transmission isn't dead yet. They are disposibly cheap now.

I've driven a second gen transit connect with the econoost, and it is a vast improvement over the first gen trucks in ride quality and power, but I can't speak to its reliability as I had a brand new one as a loaner.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info