YouTube Matt Farah Attempts To Drift A 700hp 2JZ S15 Silvia

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
It's super hard to get used to driving a car that normally would be in the "fuck it" mode, but it has like 10x more steering to keep the car at a very uncomfortable angle. It's like, whelp, it's gone, I've lost control, and then there's so much more steering you can put into it. I dislike his videos on public roads, but his track videos are awesome. I wish he would focus more on those, cause it's not fun just watching him putt around on public roads in Cali, hoping to not do something stupid. He definitely doesn't like having to put the clutch in whilst pulling the "E-brake", he doesn't like having to think about things. Just shows how gifted real drifting drivers are. I mean real drifting drivers, not some ghey shit around parking lot.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Drifting is one thing that I admire but don't think I could ever master. It's difficult for me to fight what I've learned over the years to balance the car and to proactively correct oversteer in order to keep the car on line though a turn. Aside from a little bit of fun tail happiness from time to time, or an easier slide in rain or snow, drifting just isn't one of the things I am likely to be capable of ever doing well. So I'll stick with being able to turn fast laps and let myself enjoy watching the drift guys do their own thing. :)

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
matt is definitely not chris harris. he's been going to gingerman for years yet he always blows the blend line on track entry, i think it's in every single video he does. he's not going to be putting down fat drifts or hot laps in anyone's car though. he's a nice guy and his reviews are interesting but in terms of driving skill he doesn't appear to be much different than a lot of us potatoheads

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I wouldn't even attempt to "drift" in someone else's car, especially one that clean :rofl: And all I'd be doing is getting it sideways here and there, I would be far from drifting. I'll stick with the fastest way around the track. Real competitive drifting is fun AF to watch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info