Burger Motorsports - AVOID THEM AT ALL COST

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Purchased the JB4 plug and play tuner for my wifes cooper.

Found out that it does NOT have a pass-through OBD2 connector (as shown in ALL Of their documentation photos and photos of the unit).

Told them immediately that this was a problem as I could not use it in conjunction with my Scangauge, they said "go ahead and sent it back".

I was out of town on my trip to TN (That I intended to use the tune for) and was unable to send it back for a few weeks between that trip and work.

I send it back, and they refuse the return standing behind a 14 day return policy that's buried in their 'terms and conditions' and never displayed on their site elsewhere, nor mentioned by the first rep who said "go ahead and send it back".

I outline my issue with this politely, and the rep starts arguing with me via email claiming that it "CLEARLY states 14 days" (again, its CLEARLY not predominant on their site), and ignores the fact that they are selling a product that does not match their photos that would imply it has a functionality that it in fact doesn't have.

I've had to contest the charge with my CC, and open a BBB case against them. Steer clear of the company, save yourself the headache and go with someone bigger and more reputable.

Their terms and conditions go as far as to try and claim that returns that they will not issue refunds on become THEIR PROPERTY if not shipped back to you within 14 days!? What kind of horseshit is that?

Side-Note, Cravenspeed, is a fantastic vendor to deal with on a more positive note for European specialty cars such as the Mini's.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Had no problems with them. George, their VW guy was awesome to deal with.

Jon, their support guy, is frankly being a prick.

They literally have the item back, it was a straight forward return, they are trying to stand behind a garbage "terms" agreement that has a 14 day return policy, which is just super unrealistic.

The way they are acting is as though $600 will make or break them.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
has the CC issued you the charge back or is it still pending?

is there anything around the website description about pics not matching product? that's a big problem.

i think that's an automatic win for you if on amazon. with pic not matching and the unit back in their hands, i would think the cc should find in your favor without much fight either.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
You have tracking they received it back? That's enough for a refund from your CC

I just opened the case with my CC today, but yes, I included tracking proof that they have it back.

has the CC issued you the charge back or is it still pending?

is there anything around the website description about pics not matching product? that's a big problem.

NOTHING on the website description about the Pass-Through OBD2 port no longer being part of the harness (or that when it DID have the pass-through, that it was non-functional for other devices). Both of these I found out from their support after receiving the unit and reaching out to their support.

I read the all the 'material' they provide (and have since saved it for my CC), and there is nada....

i think that's an automatic win for you if on amazon. with pic not matching and the unit back in their hands, i would think the cc should find in your favor without much fight either.

Chase has already 'taken the funds back' and placed them on hold.

Its not Amazon, it was direct from the vendor, which is why I'm in shock still that they are being so stringent/stingy.

Rules are rules :dunno:

Yes, rules like "You must sell a product that matches the photos and pieces/functions implied by those photos" are Rules that exist, Yes.... Clear Return policies, instead of hiding behind a "Terms of Service" with an unrealistic time frame return policy is not a rule, its fraudulent and deceitful.

It would be one thing if I bought it, didn't say anything for a month and a half, and then shipped it back.

It would be ANOTHER thing if I bought it, and it MATCHED the photos, AND I didn't say anything for a month and shipped it back.

But neither was the case, I emailed them the DAY I GOT IT, saying "This isn't what was in the photos, It doesn't have a Pass-Through OBD2 port, it won't work for my application". They responded with "OK, send it back", and then upon getting it BACK they inform me that "It's been too long, sorry".

The fact that they are trying to hold me to the "I didn't get it back to them fast enough" is straight up horse-shit when I contacted them immediately with my intent AND the product doesn't actually match the photos.....

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Buyers remorse. Should of researched the product better. They don't make it, just sell it.

They DO make it; they are the sole vendor. If it was re seller/vendor and they told me to pound sand, I'd be less surprised.

You having fun trolling? I have to be honest, you have never bought anything from them, you likely never will, you have no valuable input here, you are just being a dick. You continue to do this all the goddamned time, and you are one of the sole people that feel the need to continue to do it.

If somebody told me they wanted to return something and I told them "sure, send it back" I would expect it sooner than a month later. That said, they probably should have sucked it up and taken it back barring any damage/etc.

I totally agree the Month gap is the misstep here; but I was on a trip, and then my wife got ill over her pregnancy. Shit happens, I didn't bother playing the sympathy card on them as I didn't think it was necessary given that they are mis-representing the item and said "Just send it back"

Had they said "You have 10 more days to send it back to us before we tell you to pound sand" I would have found a way to gotten it back to them sooner to avoid all this.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
They DO make it; they are the sole vendor. If it was re seller/vendor and they told me to pound sand, I'd be less surprised.

You having fun trolling? I have to be honest, you have never bought anything from them, you likely never will, you have no valuable input here, you are just being a dick. You continue to do this all the goddamned time, and you are one of the sole people that feel the need to continue to do it.

I totally agree the Month gap is the misstep here; but I was on a trip, and then my wife got ill over her pregnancy. Shit happens, I didn't bother playing the sympathy card on them as I didn't think it was necessary given that they are mis-representing the item and said "Just send it back"

Had they said "You have 10 more days to send it back to us before we tell you to pound sand" I would have found a way to gotten it back to them sooner to avoid all this.
Two people have had nothing but good luck and good things to say. You're slandering a company because you can't read, take your sweet time returning a product you weren't happy with and didn't research if it did what you wanted or not before purchasing.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Two people have had nothing but good luck and good things to say. You're slandering a company because you can't read, take your sweet time returning a product you weren't happy with and didn't research if it did what you wanted or not before purchasing.

get fucked.

You go out of your fucking way in every fucking thread you post in to play 'devils advocate' but all you do is piss people off.

The goddamned issue is that the photo doesn't match the product. That is the core fucking problem, but you are too wrapped up playing keyboard warrior to give a fuck to do anything but troll.

The fact that I took an 'egregious' amount of time is moot as they said "just send it back", but you want to fucking nit pick this like a dick.

Seriously, YOU are a problem with this forum still.

I'm open for input, I'm open for discussion, but you are just being a Dick.

You and I have been on these boards almost the same amount of time, and this is what you do, and I'm sick of it for one. How many CONSTRUCTIVE posts or threads have you actually made in the past decade?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
no reason for anyone to get this excited about it. product didn't match the pic, the item has already been returned, i consider this a done deal i'm 99% sure the cc will say you're good.

I agree, I made the thread to 'Tell my story' as it was a frustrating experience, and not what I expected from what I thought to be a widely reputable tuner.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Burger is pretty highly regarded. Also, you waited 2 weeks. I get people pulling that stuff with us all the time. They open a return and then wait weeks to actually send the item back. It's a huge inconvenience and they're tying up my money. Bottom line though is that if I tell you you can return something and you wait two weeks, then it spends another 5 days in transit to Simi Valley where they're located, I'd also be ticked.

Can you show us what exact product you bought? The JB4 box is the only product to my knowledge that gives OBD pass through and the only reason it does that is because it's a pain to remove. For the plug and play tuners you just remove them when it's time for service.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
a150549879f149c3b9c881805c95cacd.jpg

Is this the product in question? Pretty hard to tell from the pic if the plug is pass through or not.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I just looked for giggles and it says by purchasing you agree to their terms and conditions, and the 14 day return policy is the second thing listed and in bold, not like it's buried in some fine print. :dunno:

It also says: "Products returned that do not qualify for return or tuners that are postmarked after 14 calendar days of original shipment date will become property of BMS with no refund issued. Customer is responsible for all shipping costs."

Will be interesting to see if your CC issues a refund with that being their policy you agreed to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info