Input Needed!

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Hey Guys, I haven't posted in awhile but looking for some help from you for a friend!

He is looking for some constructive criticism of a recent patented idea of his that he just took to the market fairly recently.

I'd like to get feedback from you all; the good, the bad or even the ugly...

Let's hear it!

Here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTwHC4tnd7s

And here is where he currently has it for sale:

http://www.toolsmithdirect.com/powerbuilt-2-ton-u-jack-floor-jack-with-jackstand-saddle-slot.html

To expensive? Just something that isn't helpful enough to be a selling point?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
People who use jackstands often enough to justify a special jack for the jack stands usually just buy a small lift which makes things 10x easier and faster.

2 ton limit and a only a 18" lift for a jack that's 160$ is also the other negative I see. You can get a 2 ton jack with 23" of height for 135$ compared to $160 for this one but you exchange a jack slot for 5" of height.

It's a neat idea and I've been in that position so I see where he got the idea from but I don't see it selling really well unless it's cheap because it's not a problem alot of people are willing to spend extra money to solve. Usually they'll just find a different spot to jack up the car from :rofl:

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
love the idea

my old jack is still working for now, but leaking a little. i'd be up for something like this to replace it for sure.
Awesome man! My friend will be happy to hear this! He told me that they are on and off offered at advance auto and there are usually discount codes that could be used to purchase it for 15-20% off!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info