New Porsche 911 GT2 RS unveiled

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
People say the 911 looks are kind of blah. I agree. But that is a good thing. It seems every supercar that comes out has to be over the top and completely different. I think the 911 models allow an owner to really enjoy the car without being the center of attention of every dude out there. It seems many of these supercars are cock magnets. Every dude wants to super close and slap his dick against it. A guy in this car will probably go unnoticed except for the occasional car aficionado who might hold a conversation about the car.

And like mentioned, the 911 models seem to be easy to drive on a daily commute. Where most supercars want to be romped on and not sit in traffic or behave at low speeds. Where the 911 is very mellow when you would want it to be just that. I guess we will see how the reliability is on this car. But it will probably by like most Porsche and be fine.

I have always had a thing for 911's. Mainly the widebody turbo cars. This car is pretty insane with the weight and power that it has. With the 911 Turbo S being as insane as it is, this car has to good.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I agree. I would love a 930 turbo or 993 turbo since it has that classic 911 look, But at $150K+ I can't afford one. haha I keep looking at 996 and 997.1. That market is holding way too well. The 996 seemed to have gone up slightly since this time last year. Damn cars. haha I guess one good thing is that depreciation on a used one isn't going to kill you when you go to sell it in a few years.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Yeah have you seen how much the 993 Turbo S is going for in the past couple years? Crazy. Even the regular Turbo keeps running away from my dream ranges....

The car in the OP starts around $300k I think so that's pretty much almost 993 Turbo S range anyway.... I wish I was rich I guess.

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
Yeah have you seen how much the 993 Turbo S is going for in the past couple years? Crazy. Even the regular Turbo keeps running away from my dream ranges....

The car in the OP starts around $300k I think so that's pretty much almost 993 Turbo S range anyway.... I wish I was rich I guess.

I was never a real fan of the "chunky" spoiler but some of the older generations like the 959 aren't bad looking but maybe to unique for some. Sure you'll get some snob who will tell you different but this looks too interesting not to pass up or drive.

1200px-Porsche_959_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht_%283%29%2C_21._M%C3%A4rz_2013%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info