2015 Lincoln MKC for my parents. yes or no?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
My parents are looking at this 2015 MKC to replace the high mileage Fusion and move the Fusion to spare car status. I just do not know anything about these little SUVs any my parents keep cars until they die. Does any one have any knowledge on a Lincoln MKC? I know that it shares a lot of stuff with the Ford Escape and that is about all I know. This particular MKC is a 2015 with under 15,000 miles, 2.3L EcoBoost, AWD, power everything, LED lights every where, Pano roof, park assist, heat and AC on the front seats, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel. Seems very well optioned out. Thoughts?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I can't speak to its reliability but I liked the SUV's drivability and interior a lot when I reviewed it at launch. I didn't think there was a substantial enough difference between the base and upper engine to warrant the cost new but used is of course different. Always have to be cautious with first model year introductions and redesigns. Still hate the push button gear selector.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
The push button gear selector is a bit strange but I could get used to it if it was my car. I was just looking at the car again for any previous body work and I could not find any. That's a plus. I also noticed it has sensors on the lower control arms for adaptive suspension :bigthumb:

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
We rarely ever see them in the shop...If there is one thing I can say is that they are built for quiet and comfort cuz taking anything in the interior apart is a pain in the ass.

Funny you say quiet and comfort. My mom kept saying that these door feel so much heavier then the Escape. Makes the Escape feel like a tin can lol. Well mom, it is a Lincoln.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Noticable difference between the 2.0 and 2.3. Wouldn't consider one without the 2.3. Solid SUV, but no rear leg room to speak of. Looked at one for my wife. We are a Lincoln family though, my wife has an MKX and I have an MKZ.

Fit and finish is great on the MKC, loaded up they have some great features.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Looks like the select trim on it?

I want to say it is a Reserve package with climate package, tech package, pano vista roof, 2.3L EcoBoost, AWD.

It has heated front and rear seats, cooled front seats, heated steering wheel, navi, blind spot monitor, remote start, power fold mirrors, front and rear park sensors, parallel park pull out, automatic high beams, ambient light package, adaptive cruise, lane departure with active steering, and more.

I wish it had the bigger wheels but oh well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info