Need some direction or just some info with repetitive car problems.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Never really had to deal with this before so I am asking what you guys would do going forward. My Hellcat has had some issues that for the most part have been taken care of. However there is one that has reared its ugly head again. I had the rear carrier seal and housing replaced under warranty due to oil leakage back in early April. To be honest it had a lot of different warranty work back in early April which really kind of gave me a sour taste towards the car. After it was all fixed I had renewed faith until the last couple weeks where I kept finding oil drips under the car again. I got under there today and confirmed its leaking from the same place and worse then before. I am not real hard on the car, occasional highway bursts and that's it.

My wife and I are ready to get rid of it just because of these issues that cause frustration. This is my first car outside of Ford in 20 years and I was hesitant but did it. Now I want to slap myself up side the head. My previous car, Gt500, had a lot of mods and was driven in the same fashion and it never saw a service bay.

How would you guys handle something like this, are there any things I can bring up to the dealer? Am I over reacting and just get it fixed again under warranty and keep it or do you feel my frustration.

Last edited:

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
I would feel exactly how you are feeling, if it was me. When they fixed this leak, what did they do to fix it? Do other hellcat owners have similar issues with these cars? Since it is so new and having that much warranty work, I would be hesitant to keep it...especially out of warranty.

They replaced the rear main seal and seal carrier. They seemed sure it was what was wrong, unfortunately it wasn't. I have yet to see another Hellcat with these issues. However there are 392's with similar issues and some have been proved to be a problem with block porosity.

Bring it back for more warranty work. Tell them to fix it.

It will be going back and will hopefully be fixed. The dealer I have been going to along with the mechanic have been good to work with. Just feels like I have a dirty girl if you know what I mean.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
That sucks. Car will probably always feel wrong to you now. Or you will at least always worry when it will break again. Take it back and have them fix it again. As others have stated, maybe contact someone higher up the chain than just the dealership. Not that the dealership did anything wrong in this instance, but just to be sure to get it taken care of.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Agree with everything said in this thread, get it fixed and see what FCA will do for you

I also agree nothing should break on this new of a car, but for you guys to say "the car will never seem right to you" is pretty dramatic.

GT500's were known for 2nd gear synchro issues (much more serious than the problems you're seeing)
GT350's overheat
c7z's overheat

Very few cars, especially brand new high-hp ones like the hellcat, come perfect from the factory. In many cases people resort to lawsuits and aftermarket parts to fix serious problems on their brand new high dollar vehicles (c7z, gt350, raptor frame issues etc)

What you're experiencing is not a deal breaker IMO. Get it fixed right and in a year or two you'll barely be able to remember it

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Fix er up, mod it a bit more to make it new again, and get back to flogging this thing like it was built to do! Any "hobby car" at similar power levels would have far more issues than a drop or two of oil on the garage floor.

Yeah, its a Fiat product - did you expect perfection? :io:

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Sucks you're having all these issues with the car, but a Hellcat is a pretty badass car even in stock form. How much longer is the warranty? If anything, get the issue escalated and give them another chance at fixing it.

I know you're interested in getting back into a Mustang, and they can be made really fast for cheap, but there's just something about the exclusivity and street cred that comes with a hellcat.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
fo rsome things dealers are required to jump through hoops before a real fix can occur. just stick with it and all should end well.

with Chevy i hade to go back 3 or 4 times for a defective defroster. it was hard to daignose due to you cant put frost on a car. ended up being a bad line on the glass. dealer had to do a paint on line repair 1-2 times before chevy would allow them to replace the glass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info