(1st?) Comparo - 2018 Civic Type R vs 2017 Focus RS

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Are they red like the interior accents? Porsche does that as well. Red & yellow. Seems they would be a big hit with the tuner crowd as well. They love stand out and gaudy shit. lol

I think the Civic is alienating adults with this car. Because of the styling. I thought the RS was too much in the exterior design for most adults. But the Civic R takes it to a new level. The white RS looks tame in comparison to the R in that video. The Civic R is just brutal.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
RiHs451.jpg

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
its too much money for kids that would normally drive a modified honda. Today they're more about dropping the car as low as possible rather than speed.
Maybe they're going after kids that were 18 in 2001 when FnF came out and would want something like this back then?

anvvjyfcfczl6zvckkxn.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
God the RS looks so good next to that thing :rofl:

And people were complaining that the RS styling was too shouty. If thats true, then the CTR is a torch carrying mob compared to the RS.

I won't deny the RS' ride is definitely firm. And "Sport" mode on the shocks requires perfect pavement. There is a bit of a thing about that though. In the RS, I only notice the bumpiness when driving on normal roads in a normal fashion. When my mind is free to ponder other things.

Start pushing though, and the bumpiness of the ride completely disappears to my senses as a driver. I'm 100% focused on braking, turning, acceleration. Lots of cars are like that though, you notice quirks about them in normal driving. But when pushing the limits, you literally do not have time to spare a conscious thought about those quirks so they effectively disappear.

The Turning Circle dilemma is real, anyone with a Focus ST or RS can attest, its atrocious. Its the same as a 3rd or 4th gen F-body though. Which is about equal to an F-150 truck. Roughly 39ft diameter.

Still wouldn't trade the RS in for a CTR though. The AWD is amazing.

The other day I pulled the RDU fuse, which disables the AWD, leaving the car FWD. And its shocking how much difference the AWD makes, even when you wouldn't think its making a difference. The turn in is there, but the front end pushes so much more under throttle. A stab of the throttle no longer causes the car to dive into the corner, but instead simply blow the tires away with front end push.

RS has its faults, but it really is a shockingly quick car, not so much straight line, but on any winding road the car just begs for more. Very rewarding car to drive, and I thought the ST was rewarding to drive. The RS blows the ST away in driving dynamics.

I'll probably never drive a CTR, some is lack of opportunity, and the other is not seeking the opportunity out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info