Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Komet Motorsports in St Charles charges 100 for 3-4 pulls. Not sure if they charge extra for A/F. If you call over, ask for Kurt. Tell him Mike with the Golf R referred you.

Be warned tho, if you're looking for glory numbers, their dyno is a mustang and will NOT give you bragging rights.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Mustang dynos are more accurate than most other dynos. They sometimes hurt feelings though lol.

A Mustang dyno is an Eddy current dyno, whereas a Dynojet and I believe dynocom are inertia dynos.

The Mustang dyno uses a load cell to actually measure torque where a dynojet uses a known inertia to calculate the numbers. It works almost like an accelerometer.

I wouldn't let the dyno type determine which shop I go to. In the end, the only thing that matters is real life performance measured by track times. I've heard of some of the shadier tuning shops with dynojets, attracting ignorant customers who have previously had tuning done with a Mustang dyno. The tuner says he made some tune changes, then prints out a dyno sheet showing higher peak horsepower, when in reality nothing was changed. Fortunately we have some pretty reputable tuners in our area, but I've heard of that happening in other parts of the country.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.