Thinking of trading the EB Mustang... Thoughts?

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
So I have a base 2015 EcoBoost Mustang. I modded it and made it quite quick running 12.30s on street tires but it still feels blah. There just isn't that rush of power with it and no drama.. no fun. Literally feels like driving a Camry to me. I recently put it back to almost all stock and Have been driving my 157k mile, 2001 Z28, mild cam, 4000 stall, built trans plus the usual bolt ons for the past couple months. I love driving the Z28 way more than the EBM. It's angry and rough around the edges and fun. so I'm Thinking of trading it in but for what? First thought is to trade it for a used 2015+ base GT in hopes that would be more fun due to the v8 roar.... but I'm not sure. TCGs Thoughts?

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
2011-2014 GT, all day long.

I drove a 2015 EB mustang and GT, and still traded my 2014 GT Base for a 203 GT Premium Vert instead of stepping into an S550 for the exact reasons you listed.

If you haven't driven an S197 GT, you are welcome to drive mine.

Never thought of that. I'll take a look at those as well. 13-14 GT would probably be an even trade.

Yes, get rid of it and just say no to anything with the circled 4 letter "F" word.

Chevy SS. Everyone is doing it.

Too expensive... I forgot to add it needs to be even trade or close in value. Anything new Chevy will be out of my price range and I really don't like the 5th gen Camaro at all.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
C5 or C6?

Not a fan of Vettes. Driven lots of them but something about being a Vette guy I can't handle.

buy a daily, get a bigger cam+heads for the camaro?

No go.. Z28 needs work. 160k driven in snow. The body is starting to rust and the undercarriage is near rusted through in places. It would need a shit ton of work. Hell this summer I'm going to have to cut the UMI LCAs off the car to replace them because they are rusted that bad. Lol

The S550 can handle more power if you plan on going FI.

No plans on FI or big power. It will be driven year round.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Previous gen Mustang sounds like a good fit. Highly refined engine in an outdated chassis, which might fit the "raw" feeling you're going after. Stock, there's a good amount of pitch and dive during accelerating and braking and it's more squirrelly than the new one. If you want to get a little crazy, an older C63 sedan (2009) has a raw-ish side to it in a completely different way. That car snarls and barks, and constantly wants to hang the ass end out.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Never thought of that. I'll take a look at those as well. 13-14 GT would probably be an even trade.

Seriously, you are welcome to come out and drive my bolt on car, it has all the typical manual transmission 'supporting' mods, catless, axlebacks, tune.

I've been a huge proponent of that S550s are nicer cars, but have definitely stepped away from the 'white knuckle muscle car' feeling of the S197 SRA cars. There is never a point in time where I've gotten into my mustang and though to myself "this is boring" or "this needs another 100hp" (despite all the people yelling at me to get a blower).

Flip side, while test driving a Rousch EB mustang, both those thoughts immediately crossed my mind. It just felt lethargic even when compared to my old 3 Valve car (even though its just as fast on paper).

My ONLY 'regrets' are I would kill to have cooled seats like the 2015+ Premium cars come with (Vs I believe it's an ultra rare option on like California Specials or Cobras), and I would have really liked the OEM Nav system, just because it at least gives it a modern look and feel. But appearance wise and driving experience wise (which can both be subjective I know), I vastly prefer the S197s.

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
Fully agree with Dan on this one. Definitely nothing boring about my S197 Coyote. Puts a huge shit-eating grin on my face every time. Btw the aforementioned pitch/dive/roll issues are not present in my track pack car. With that you also get the Brembos which, IMO should be on all Coyote GTs as I have no idea how you stop without them with this much power lol. I went 12.0@114mph with just an AED Tune and slicks.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Fully agree with Dan on this one. Definitely nothing boring about my S197 Coyote. Puts a huge shit-eating grin on my face every time. Btw the aforementioned pitch/dive/roll issues are not present in my track pack car. With that you also get the Brembos which, IMO should be on all Coyote GTs as I have no idea how you stop without them with this much power lol. I went 12.0@114mph with just an AED Tune and slicks.

My car drops anchor plenty hard with fresh fluid and the braided lines to be honest. I think the Brembo's alone are actually a bit 'over-sold', and the track pack cars are really a sum of their parts with the extra cooling, the diff/gearing, suspension differences ONTOP of the brakes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info