Further Proof Stance Cars Are Shit

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
The stance thing is retarded as is the car in the above video, but using hockey pucks isn't.

Actually on GM H-Body cars (Bonneville's, PAU's, FWD STS's, and such), as well as W's if I recall, this is a common modification to address GM's shitty designed front mount. If you drive one, and notice a hard shift to reverse or drive, from park, this is indicative that that mount is busted.

Your options are;
1) Go back to a GM designed OEM or aftermarket replacement that is costly and that will eventually fail again, or;

2) Go to the sporting store, pick up a couple of hockey pucks, some hardware from the hardware store, and fix it forever for less than $25. If you're in the south and hockey pucks are readily available, boat trailer rubber rollers work too.

Good write-up by Andrew on PBC (he used the boat trailer rubber roller);
http://www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com/forum/2000-2005-other-than-gxp/topic44765.html

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
What blew me away was that on the underside of the stanced Miata, it bottomed out for so long, and so hard, that it ground off the head bolts of the subframe and it wasn't even connected anymore. And also the cooling fins of the oil pan and any undercoating and paint in general so everything was rusting underneath.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
The driving a car with quick disconnect steering wheel annoys the shit out of me too. Usually requires stanced car. :rofl:

18l1h1bpkzm78jpg.jpg

Dy3AOSc.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info