Has the Focus RS hype-train stalled?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I mean when these came out, weren't people going over MSRP quite a bit to get one?

Now there are new 16's sitting at dealers?

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...atures=buryNoPrice&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT

there's one in mchenry that has been getting a suntan for quite some time now.

0qklFkg.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I mean when these came out, weren't people going over MSRP quite a bit to get one?

Now there are new 16's sitting at dealers?

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...atures=buryNoPrice&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT

there's one in mchenry that has been getting a suntan for quite some time now.

0qklFkg.jpg

The fact that they come from the factory with Summer-Only rubber has likely slowed their sales to a crawl over the winter. The 'Winter Tire' package they offered was another like 2 grand.

I suspect that some dealer incentives have dropped to clear out 16's that sat over winter.

The Price of entry in general was always going to be a bitter pill to swallow on these things. We cross-shopped these, and we have all the same content/features (granted like 120 less horsepower) for $15,000 less in a Mini Cooper of all things... (Yes, this is not apples to apples, just saying I consider Mini's over priced, and ours was 'cheap' compared to this thing).

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I remember 04 Cobras with stickers on dealer lots saying "$500 under invoice" at the time because they weren't selling that great.

Here we are almost 15 years later, and people are buying them up used and abused...and holding on to them as investment strategy they are appreciating so fast!

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Price is definitely one factor that kept me away from pursuing one of these. Suspension is definitely another. Any time Matt Farah gets a chance he always complains about how unforgiving the suspension is on his RS on normal roads :rofl: For the driving I do w/ the ST I'm happy w/ the way this car performs. Hell, I've had the car almost 3 years now and I still haven't even put a tune on it.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Drove the Focus RS and the the focus ST literally back to back on the tour. (thirdgen89gta then wombats)

the RS is lightyears ahead of the ST, it literally felt like I was driving a completely different car.

After we were doing that "chase" in the twisties after makers mark, when he got it SIDEWAYS keeping up with turks r8, i was sold. Such control, didnt even feel unsafe. was a fantastic ride.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info