Small SUV/crossover

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
We're slowly thinking about replacing the Legacy with a small SUV, used, up to 30k miles. I had quite a few vehicles on the radar but the mrs eliminated the better part of the list lol.
Budget is $25k, something with decent power, awd, an ok gas mileage.
We (I) were left with 2.0 ecoboost Escape, 3.6 Equinox, 3.5 Venza...Can you guys give me any advice as far as what else or which of these vehicles would be a good fit?

LoveSpank

JTICE
Mar 13, 2012
Oswego
These looks sharp but seem underpowered and too small for my liking.
We love ours. And it fits me my wife 2 kids (with car seats) and my Doberman no problem and as far as underpowered I don't think so I will say overall driving it feels a hell of ALOT better then any other SUV (in the same class size) I have driven. From the steering to the fit and finish. Go drive one is all I'm saying.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
I have a 14 equinox for the wife (base model). And I would suggest no... The thing has no balls, slow, and the back seats are very uncomfortable. If I had to do it again I would make her let me pony up for the edge....

It has been reliable, just not very comfortable...

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I have a 14 equinox for the wife (base model). And I would suggest no... The thing has no balls, slow, and the back seats are very uncomfortable. If I had to do it again I would make her let me pony up for the edge....

It has been reliable, just not very comfortable...
must be the 2.4, the 3.6 is much more suited for the car. backseat fits car seat and kids with 0 issue so it works out great.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
My mom has a loaded Santa Fe with the 2.0t engine. It is really nice on the inside I have to say and I like being in there, but it drives like the floppiest pussy imaginable. There is a sport steering button which does improve the steering feel a lot, but there is so much lag on that motor and the gas pedal feels so disconnected from everything that is going on. Also, the navigation system in that thing is utter dogshit.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
My brother has a older equinox 2010ish so it may not be the same as the current models? It is AWD v6, and it is the biggest sticking piece of shit I have ever come across.

The list of shit that has gone wrong with that car is too long to type out but I have never had or dealt with any car that has had as many issues as this POS has had. It's got 70k miles on it and is honestly ready for the scrapper. I would never touch another Equinox even it was given to me free and came with a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty.

As for the escape, my wife and I looked at those prior to getting her Edge. It was a little cramped in my opinion. We had a 2005 escape and it had noticeably more room. I also didn't like the console layout especially the gear selector. Otherwise the escape wasn't bad to drive and had decent power I actually like how peppy the 2.0 EB was.

We choose the Edge due to the size and thankfully my wife has loved it. We just got the Edge last year with around 30k on the clock and it's a 14 Limited it was just over what your budget is. If you got the SE or SES model I'm sure you can find one within your budget.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
We had a ' 13 Eco Escape for our mobile truck.

Biggest

Piece

Of

Shit

Ever

Ever!

The 3 years we had it, in the shop about 9 times. 6 times for the same reason. They refused to call it a lemon. Once the lease was done they asked if we wanted a new one. Laughed and went to Chevy for a 17 Equinox.

Is it as fast? No. It is however a lot nicer, and so far more reliable. The Scape was in the shop by now for the first time in the same time frame we have had the Equinox.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info