Dennis Collins from.gasmonkey selling his fox/sn95 collection

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I think it's great that there's a few of these cars still around that are in the wrapper. Neat that these are unrestored and basically off the assembly line showroom fresh.

Who cares if some rich guy buys some of these cars and let's em sit? You don't think they had other cars that they actually drove and had fun with?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
so true.

one of the mopar collections meeekeem did had an enthusiast that drove and beat the hell out of all the cars he had. was way awesome.

I can understand a car that has been out of production for 40+ years and three of them were made. You're preserving the history of it, makes sense.

They're mustangs made by the tens of thousands. The still has the plastic on the seats, center caps never installed and never dealer prepped crap is ridiculous. You're keeping it from someone else enjoying the thing. These cars aren't appreciated, they're jammed in a building under covers for 20 years.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I can understand a car that has been out of production for 40+ years and three of them were made. You're preserving the history of it, makes sense.

They're mustangs made by the tens of thousands. The still has the plastic on the seats, center caps never installed and never dealer prepped crap is ridiculous. You're keeping it from someone else enjoying the thing. These cars aren't appreciated, they're jammed in a building under covers for 20 years.

Like you said, there's thousands of these cars out there. A few examples tucked away in a garage here and there isn't keeping people from enjoying a fox body. And also, they're now for sale for the new owner to do what he/she pleases. I think it'd be super cool to see one of these in person.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
As the rest of the cars that are driven, races, rusting away, it is nice to have original cars to look at for reference. Because once a car is modified you can't say with 100% certainty that what is on the car is original. Which is important as the cars get judged and making correct reproduction parts. You might not think that it is something a newer car would be used for. But no one thought that the 60's & early 70's muscle cars would be used like that either back in the late 80's early 90's. Yet we know how that market turned out. So there are collections of untouched foxbody that are used for reference. Including collections by companies like National Parts Depot, Performance AutoSport, and others.

The Foxbody mustang is seeing some fairly high values for clean original cars and restored cars. As time passes these may become valuable, like the 60's muscle car. Yet I don't think we will see the values those 60's cars have seen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info