Looking for a TIRE shop

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
I bought a set of tires and I would like to have them changed over to my stock wheels and balanced. Anyone have a recommendation on someone reputable for 22" wheels and truck tires?? I have TPMS sensors in the valve stems so they need to not break them also.

Any recommendations are helpful especially if you've had first hand knowledge with the shop.

Thank you

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Anthony is your guy. He runs more of the aftermarket side of things there. Call and ask about when's the best time to fit you in. They're pretty quick about it as well compared to a tire shop. They work on high end cars there. You'll be in good hands.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
You are lucky. They fuck a lot of shit up. I was there Monday for a rebalance and rotation and guess what? They forgot to rebalance. rofl
I wouldn't say I was lucky, I'd say you were unlucky. At the Discount across the street, I've had at least half a dozen wheels/tires mounted and balanced and dismounted as well. Everything from the current 20's on my mustang, to the 20" BMF wheels with Toyo 33" MT's for my truck, CCW's for my fox, 19" drift wheels for my Bullit, and even the wheels on my Focus ST when I had them powder coated. Never once an issue. All were balanced perfectly and not so much as a surface scratch on anything. When I lived in Bartlett, I used the Discount by Stratford mall. Never an issue there either...

Anyways, my point wasn't really a Discount recommendation. It was basically saying that the OP doesn't have some kind of special wheel tire combo that requires a specialty tire shop. Take the suckers to Sears, Firestone, Goodyear. Any tire shop can take care of his needs.

Discount tire sucks
Is that your Yelp review, or are there details to how they did you wrong? Lol

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
They fucked up two of my four GTO wheels forcing me to get them refinished. It was a fiasco, they weren't special but they somehow marred two faces completely.

That's two bad experiences on two vehicles within two years.

Also OP asked for a recommendation, if he wanted a list of tire shops he would go on google and pick one at random. Telling him to go to any shop isn't a recommendation...

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Why go somewhere that doesn't give a fuck for more money and takes way longer? He can go to A&L, spend $40 and be done in 20 minutes.
I didn't say anything negative about A&L. I'm sure they're a great place judging from recommendations. I was wondering what bad experience you have had with Discount?
They fucked up two of my four GTO wheels forcing me to get them refinished. It was a fiasco, they weren't special but they somehow marred two faces completely.

That's two bad experiences on two vehicles within two years.

Also OP asked for a recommendation, if he wanted a list of tire shops he would go on google and pick one at random. Telling him to go to any shop isn't a recommendation...
Well, actually go anywhere is a recommendation. And I did mention Discount in my first post as well as three others in my second post. In reality, I've recommended more places than you...lol

I understand your dilemma with Discount and I would t go back either, but I've had nothing but good results with well over a dozen sets of wheels.

Guys, mounting tires isn't rocket science. I'd bet the OP will be fine no matter where he goes.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I wish I had an A&L here. I have a place that's $10 a tire and the guys know me fairly well now. I've have 3 sets of tires mounted this last year and they're always accommodating for me. I brought them some beer and pop after getting my truck tires installed. I think that helped :rofl:

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
the guy in charge dug the wheels/tires for the blazer and got them mounted and balanced quick and cheap. Then got my truck tires installed and he remembered me so hooked it up again. I came back with blazer and some beverages and they were appreciative. Then got my summer tires for Buick installed during a snow day and he :rofl: and got them done without a scratch (only wheels I've been worried about getting hurt).

It's a shit looking place. They do all the work outside and inside is just packed full of tires. They bust their balls all year long.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info