Where to Get Nitrous Bottles Re-certified?

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I had mine recertified at a fire extinguisher place on 128th and Cicero. I forget name of the place but it's very close to where you live. Under $30 bucks and takes like an hour or drop off and pick up later.

I called them a little while ago and yhey told me they don't do bottle testing. Maybe they don't have the equipment anymore. It was Reliable Fire Extinguisher that I called.

Its cheaper to recertify a bottle. After shipping costs it would still be around $150 for a new bottle.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I called them a little while ago and yhey told me they don't do bottle testing. Maybe they don't have the equipment anymore. It was Reliable Fire Extinguisher that I called.

Its cheaper to recertify a bottle. After shipping costs it would still be around $150 for a new bottle.

You need to go and talk to the guy in the shop. They just did mine a little over a year ago. They were the only ones that had the right fitting to psi test the bottles. You may have spoken with a potato. It's worth a trip.

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
I just called Airgas, they said that they could send them out and get it done. I also asked them about a mother bottle. They said that they would need to come out and do a on site survey to see what I am using it for before a qoute could be given. I have a buddy who has a fill station and mother bottle, he hooks me and my other buddy up. I would like to not have to ask him every time because I will have 2 nitrous cars coming out this season. :nos:

I might just do the Nitrous Outlet exchange for the 3 Speedtech bottles I have currently for the new aluminum bottles.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I just called Airgas, they said that they could send them out and get it done. I also asked them about a mother bottle. They said that they would need to come out and do a on site survey to see what I am using it for before a qoute could be given. I have a buddy who has a fill station and mother bottle, he hooks me and my other buddy up. I would like to not have to ask him every time because I will have 2 nitrous cars coming out this season. :nos:

I might just do the Nitrous Outlet exchange for the 3 Speedtech bottles I have currently for the new aluminum bottles.

I was looking at getting a mother bottle in the spring. We'll see how much racing I'll be doing. Currently I drive out to Winner's Circle in Joliet to get my bottles filled.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
why not see jeff at goodfellas in Batavia to get bottles filled he always seems to be cheaper than most places and will fill just about anytime u need it

I'll keep this in mind. I'm in Evergreen Park (Oak Lawn area), so Batavia is a bit of a hike. I sometimes pass through there though if I'm with the gf who lives in the NW burbs.

Some shops are very strict about filling an expired bottle.

Winner's Circle always looks at the date stamp when I have bottles filled there. I'll have to check with A-Team and chicago connection to see if they fill bottles.

The bottle I want to recertify has the latest gen NOS super high flow valve, so it's not ancient or outdated by any means. It would be nice to have it as an extra. Currently I have 2 newer bottles.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Psa, after you get your bottle back from getting re-cert. Pull the valve off and make sure the vent tube is positioned like you want. I never did that on mine but always wondered if they weren't in the same angle anymore.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll mark the bottle and the valve with a paint pen so I can see if it still lines up somewhat close to the same position.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
You need to go and talk to the guy in the shop. They just did mine a little over a year ago. They were the only ones that had the right fitting to psi test the bottles. You may have spoken with a potato. It's worth a trip.

You were right. I have the day off from work today so I stopped by the shop. The guy in the shop said no problem. $28 sure beats buying a new bottle!

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
You were right. I have the day off from work today so I stopped by the shop. The guy in the shop said no problem. $28 sure beats buying a new bottle!

giphy.gif

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Chicago Connection?! Haven't been there in years! Great place if you know which door it's located behind. Good prices and they have EVERYTHING in stock.

I need to stop by there in the spring. It would sure beat driving all the way out to Winner's Circle when I need something on a Saturday morning and don't want to wait a few days to order something online.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info