Mechanic Advice

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
My dad walked into a car dealer when he was 15 and told them he wanted to work on cars. They laughed at him and gave him a job sweeping the floor and helping the techs. Soon after he was working on cars. He had his own shop by 21.

Edit: Times are different now. It seems everywhere schools are brainwashing kids into thinking they NEED a college education for anything they want to get into. I feel with a technical job you would do better going into the workforce and doing specialized training.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
My dad walked into a car dealer when he was 15 and told them he wanted to work on cars. They laughed at him and gave him a job sweeping the floor and helping the techs. Soon after he was working on cars. He had his own shop by 21.

Edit: Times are different now. It seems everywhere schools are brainwashing kids into thinking they NEED a college education for anything they want to get into. I feel with a technical job you would do better going into the workforce and doing specialized training.

Ya but I think it's starting to reverse, right after I finished HS I found out they shit canned all the trade classes, eventually all these college kids were staring at each other with a piece of paper and no differentiators, I think the Obama fanboys know they got fucked by the ultimate fraud and scam you including the ability to never escape the debt.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
first of all, why do you want to be a mechanic? What are your hobbies? What kind of lifestyle do you want to live as an adult?

This x100....

Being a mechanic is an honorable job, but realistically have you thought about it? My dad worked as a mechanic for a couple of years, then because shop manager and even owned a few stores in his time. It beat up his body, plus it caused him to miss alot of stuff especially in the summer when he couldn't take a day off.

Where as HVAC or electrician still allows you to work with your hands, probably pays more with better benefits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info