Have I missed all the reviews on the new Continental?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I feel like I've heard nothing about this car. I saw one on the road the other day and had no idea it was in production. Bang up job on that marketing Ford. The car looks great though.

2017-Lincoln-Continental-front-three-quarters.jpg

2017-Lincoln-Continental-rear-three-quarter.jpg

2017_lincoln_continental_10_hr_720.jpg

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I guess you can get it with a 400hp TT 3.0 Ecoboost but I'd probably spend less money and grab that same engine in the MKZ before I bought this barge. It looks nice though.

I wish Ford would get real about real cars though. The CT-6 probably beats this handily in driving dynamics due to Ford's unwillingness to work with any kind of rear wheel drive platform that doesn't have a horsey on it.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Gonna need those details. Buy at OP?

No. Bought at Clarendon Hills on Ogden. His brother knew a salesman that went there so my dad traded his '13 for a '16 Q70S 5.6 AWD and his brother dumped his Acura RLX lease for a '16 Q70S 3.7 AWD lease. 360 cam is cool. His 85k mile 5.6 was leaking oil like the exxon valdez for the last 10k. Had a buncha stuff changed under warranty that didn't stop the leak.

His former leaking battleship:
Pre-Owned 2013 INFINITI M56 X 4D Sedan in Clarendon Hills #C160622A | Infiniti of Clarendon Hills

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
No. Bought at Clarendon Hills on Ogden. His brother knew a salesman that went there so my dad traded his '13 for a '16 Q70S 5.6 AWD and his brother dumped his Acura RLX lease for a '16 Q70S 3.7 AWD lease. 360 cam is cool. His 85k mile 5.6 was leaking oil like the exxon valdez for the last 10k. Had a buncha stuff changed under warranty that didn't stop the leak.

His former leaking battleship:
Pre-Owned 2013 INFINITI M56 X 4D Sedan in Clarendon Hills #C160622A | Infiniti of Clarendon Hills

Good choice, my friends with Infins love CH.

So still leaks too? haha, should go test drive and ask about it.

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Good choice, my friends with Infins love CH.

So still leaks too? haha, should go test drive and ask about it.

Yeah, he traded it in "early" (usually dumps them around 90k & 3yrs of ownership) because it was puking oil all over the driveway. They replaced the dipstick tube, still leaked. I told the service writer it was probably the lines/fittings for the oil cooler. He told me I was wrong. The lines were drenched in oil but what do I know. Car also had the timing chains done at like 45k miles I think. If you go WOT in it I bet it'll roll coal from all the carbon build-up from his grandpa driving & speedway gas. Curious if they got the Marlboro stench out of it too

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Yeah, he traded it in "early" (usually dumps them around 90k & 3yrs of ownership) because it was puking oil all over the driveway. They replaced the dipstick tube, still leaked. I told the service writer it was probably the lines/fittings for the oil cooler. He told me I was wrong. The lines were drenched in oil but what do I know. Car also had the timing chains done at like 45k miles I think. If you go WOT in it I bet it'll roll coal from all the carbon build-up from his grandpa driving & speedway gas. Curious if they got the Marlboro stench out of it too

LOL. Essentially the same car though? They haven't really done much with the Q70 other than the exterior update when they renamed so basically still the same as the M56 from 11.

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
LOL. Essentially the same car though? They haven't really done much with the Q70 other than the exterior update when they renamed so basically still the same as the M56 from 11.

Basically. Has a few more tech features, better radar & collision tech. 360/Birds Eye Cam is neat. More LED everything & more sound deadening although the 5.6 just screams when you give it throttle.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Basically. Has a few more tech features, better radar & collision tech. 360/Birds Eye Cam is neat. More LED everything & more sound deadening although the 5.6 just screams when you give it throttle.

We had 360 in a loaner and I agree, it is excellent.

As far as the other tech I didn't have that in a 70 but we had a loaded 50 with it and some I like and some I could do without. Adaptive cruise is amazing though

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I'll tell you one thing I've missed this holiday season.

You

This fucking guy right here. :rofl:

Ford/Lincoln intentionally skipped media previews and put this thing right onto dealership lots. They apparently had a lot of confidence in it :rofl:

We went to a dealership to drive one for review.

https://www.cars.com/articles/2017-lincoln-continental-review-quick-spin-1420692024988/

Oh that's swell. That's like the automotive equivalent of studios not making shitty movies available for review the week before release. I don't have time to read the full review right now but I will later. Is it good though?

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Ford/Lincoln intentionally skipped media previews and put this thing right onto dealership lots. They apparently had a lot of confidence in it :rofl:

We went to a dealership to drive one for review.

https://www.cars.com/articles/2017-lincoln-continental-review-quick-spin-1420692024988/

Couple of things. Love the review, very detailed and down to earth. However disappointed they gave you a select trim as the reserve seems like a good step up. Also wish you could have reviewed the 3.0 in AWD. Still want to hear your thoughts on he MKZ with the 3.0 turbo when you get a shot at that.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I was just thinking about this the other day when I saw a limo company with one. I had heard about the car a year or so ago but had not heard any updates recently. The day I saw one I built and priced it online just for shits. I was really looking forward to this being a solid car. From the interior/exterior looks department, I think they pretty much nailed it. Might've gone a bit sharper on some of the edges, but, it has to fit with their bubbly design of recent times.

They lost me with a FWD based platform though, not because it's inferior for an everyday car, that's just how I feel a proper luxury sedan should be. I really want to get behind the wheel of a CT6 one of these days as well, really haven't seen much on those either. I want the domestic MFR's to pump out some serious competition for the German offerings, and while the Continental/CT6 are a great start, I think they still have a ways to go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info