Under $12K Four Door Choices?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Guys, my younger daughter is looking for a car. She wants to set her budget at under $12K and wants four doors.

Some of the cars she has mentioned are the Hyundai Elantra or Sonata, Nissan Altima, Chevy Impala.

What would you guys buy if you had $12K to spend and want a dependable four door? Thanks.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Mazda6 or Mazda3 would be my choice. Elantra's are nice also have 3 friends with them and they are good. All are a pretty good bang for buck in the used market.

I swing hard for nissan but hard for me to recomend anything with that CVT transmission in it which so far is everything.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I don't know about down by you, but up here a 2013 and newer CPO Civic LX is easy pickins for $12-13k (listed). The 2013 and newer had standard Bluetooth, backup camera, Pandora, USB and top safety ratings.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Sentra?
Versa?
Sonic?
Accent?
Forte?
Cruze?
Focus?
Fiesta?
Lancer?
Mirage?

i wouldnt want a single one of them for a rental let alone own one.

fusion or accord or bust. seem to be best for the money i can think of. just me but anything smaller than an accord or fusion is too small for a 4 door.

ok i lied id accept a focus st or fiesta st or focus rs normal versions tho no.

maybe toyota camry?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Thanks for the comments guys. You rock!

I'm going to make up a list from this thread and go out looking with her tomorrow. I will post details. Not in a rush to buy anything although I bet she is. I want to make sure she gets something with reasonably low miles for a decent price. We will be looking down by her in the Ft. Myers area.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I have contacted ads from both cities in the past and the "good deals" have had something wrong every time. Plus each city is a couple/few hours away.

I'm going to try to get her something in Ft. Myers so she has a dealership where she bought the car and can take it under warranty (if there is one).

It's a good area to look for cars because there are rich areas like Naples close by where people dump their 2-3 y.o. cars for less money because they don't care about a couple grand difference on their trade ins.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info