Race it again auto parts!

heartbreaker68

Officer, I swear..... It wasn't me....
Sep 10, 2004
Elgin
I have begun my soft start on a new company Race it again auto parts.. I have it on Facebook for now to see the reactions i receive, b4 I open up a store front!!?

For years now Ive wanted to start an auto parts or racing parts shop where anyone can come in and buy, trade, sell or put parts on consignment.. (kind of a play it again sports) but solely for the automotive and racing community!!!

I would love to see many folks on here check it out, like it and follow it, you never know when you will finally find that procharger you have been wanting for years and now U can get it for half the cost!!! ALL PARTS WILL B TESTED to make sure there are NO faulty parts sold or traded online or in the tore when the doors open in spring!!!

Plz feel free to post up all the parts that are cluttering ur garage, so that way U can free up some space and money for the parts you want!!! I hope everyone checks it out and enjoys it and works out for there best interest!!!!

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
My only concern is that we are talking racing parts where the headache and burden can be on manufacturers all the time and that is for new parts. I see it all the time with friends that work in the industry. Say I buy turbo and it's absolutely fine and no problem with it. Now I hook it up but my oil feed line doesn't feed the turbo correctly or enough. A week later and the turbo goes boom or pushes oil out the seal. The customer is going to be so apt to shit on you due to their own negligence but they won't see it that way.

I'm not saying don't do it. I think it's a great idea. Just be prepared to deal with knuckleheads that will take to facebook to shit on you because of something they did wrong but are too naive to see it that way.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I like the idea a lot but I think most of your business will be done online...I wouldnt even bother with a storefront. Just keep a nice storage area for the parts, take GOOD pics (critical), good descriptions, etc....and itll work really well.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
It vibes like it's just a FS/WTB page kind of thing, that might turn into a store? I'm just not sure how you can support a store unless you're marking up things people sell/trade to you cheaper than they can sell/trade on their own, right? IDK, maybe I'm missing something.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I'm gonna be the dick.

Your current pictures/descriptions in your for sale threads here and on the FB post leave a lot to be desired. This kind of goes opposite to what you are preaching in your post. 1 line description and 1 picture doesn't give me anymore than the typical CL seller.

/dick

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
good idea. dont think it will work, cuz id rather jump on one of the pleanty race car parts groups and put up a wanted ad, or sell my own stuff.. why would i pay someone else to sell my stuff for me? when i get to that point, like craigslist doesnt work, i list on ebay.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
:smile:

mister505 | eBay

and then i think 41 items currently on craigslist.

https://twitter.com/mister5o5?lang=en

MISTER 505
@MISTER5O5
Business Owner // Mexican Rapper #TeamJesusChrist

RPX6rV9x.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info