is there a car you could buy right now, drive for 2 years & not have it depreciate?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
is there a car you could buy right now, drive for 2 years & not have it depreciate?

any "ford gt easter eggs" out there right now you guys think?

sans old muscle, old hot rods, and old collector stuff?

gt350? new z28? focus RS?

one of the last vipers?

and im not saying put 50k miles on, but drive 2-3k per year, and offload in two years for what you bought it for, or more?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
thinking about this further, i bet there are terminators, c5 z06's, c6 z06's, that you could do this with, they probably wouldn't appreciate, but i think most of those markets have "found bottom"
There are a few cars/trucks I look at periodically and they never seem to actually go down in asking price.

Evo 9
06/07 sti
Lightning
Syclone

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
hard to know what the used market will look like in 2 years, are you really trying to find a car to buy to drive around town for 2 years and that you can get out of without a loss? #jewpower :s00ls:

me personally? no i am not.

and yeah, of course it's hard to know what the used market will look like in two years, but it's far more fun to speculate about this than complain about what people on youtube are making, or whine about politics.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'd bet any manual gearbox exotic/ semi exotic will do well

Think mid 2000 porsches, gallardos, etc. Once the tech software for the flappy paddle cars are no longer supported by the manufacturer these may skyrocket

mid 00 porsches are the IMS bearing failure years, I wouldn't touch those.

When you get too exotic you start risking a failure in less than 2 years, which will eat you alive, let alone without depreciation.

I actually like the Doug Demuro thing, an older Aston would be pretty bad-ass with a warranty.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
c7 z06's would probably be the last thing to qualify for this. just look at c6 zr1s

I misread your post. I thought you were asking for cars we could choose and drive as much as we want and they would never depreciate. Kinda like a fantasy thing. As only a handful of cars out there actually would apply.

Did not realize you were asking for legit cars out there right now sorry.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info