Info on this ctsv

rude_mach

Regular
May 15, 2011

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I think the previous repairs goes out the window with the 800hp upgrades .

Not sure how that is good logic? The previous repairs were not just engine related or drivetrain related.

HP does not negate the vehicles driving history....But I guess thats how they will be able to still sell this vehicle to people who do not have the level of access I do.

I was simply giving my humble opinion that I would pass on it.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
Are you talking body repairs ? What would a guy buying a high performance totally built by speed Inc car with thousands of dollars of work be worried about a bad strut mount or something for ? Besides , it's already been fixed at the dealer . Which is better than a pep boys auto fix . :dunno:

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Are you talking body repairs ?

I am talking about entire vehicle type repairs, all over the place not just one system.

I will briefly list below the repairs this vehicle has had. Again all prior to Eric so no offense to a TCG member.

The below list of repairs tells me one of two things. Either the vehicle was a Lemon where things just keep going wrong, or it was straight up abused or not taken care of.

The vehicle has had.........

.Instrument Panel vents Replaced

Instrument Panel Center Compartment Replaced

Both Sun Shades Replaced

(Unknown brake Repair #1)- Just says Brake Replacement in my system

Rear window Trim Replacement

Wheel Replaced (Factory Stock Wheel)

Door Latches Replaced

Battery Positive Cable Replaced

SuperCharger Replaced

Center Pillar Replaced

Entire Rear Diff Replaced

Sunroof Replaced

Headliner Trim Replaced

Oil Pan Gasket Replaced

Rear Engine Cover Replaced

Rear licence plate sockets replaced

Rear Trunk Switch Replaced

Interior Dome Lense Replaced.

Front Side Door Trim panel Replaced

Tire Pressure Sensor Replaced

Both Tow links replaced

Left Panel Air Inlet Grille Replaced

12 Volt Accessory Socket replaced

Radiator surge tank replaced

Front side door outside handle replaced

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Again based on the list above and how overpriced that vehicle is in the above listing I would pass and go for a lower mileage one.

The list above is not normal for a V type vehicle. Like I said I believe it was abused. One of the owners I know for sure lived in the heart of the city from what I can see. So thats crappy chicago roads, stop and go driving, etc etc.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
It's all fixed now though . :dunno: Maybe some complaints were warranty work ?

I remember at Nissan , they would try to do all the warranty work when a car was in for service . For instance leaky taililghts . They were resealed or replaced if a car came in and it was called for warranty work or inspection .

Rather then waiting for the person to complain about water in the trunk , the dealer fixed the taililghts beforehand . I'm sure they had to type in something for the work to be done .

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Hey whatever floats your boat. If you like it and want to defend it go look at it and purchase it. I was simply trying to help him out. If that stuff was happening during 0-47k miles I can only imagine what will happened as this car ages.

I am not here to argue. He asked for info on the car and I provided it. Knock 10k off that price and then that is a good deal.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Rear end and superchargers were commonly replaced on those cars. Supercharger because of a noisy isolater, rearend because of a whine noise. But a 9.9" ring gear in a car making 550hp at 4400lbs, I'm impressed it was ever quiet lol. Never heard of anyone blowing a rearend, just complaints of whining noise. Other than that looks like a bunch of small bs repairs.

Edit: there was a tsb out for the rearend to change fluid and add a friction modifier.

stan5050

Regular
Apr 5, 2014
Canton MI
You own a F'in F-body! You know GMs quality or lack thereof, if you complain enough or know someone you can get a lot of stuff replaced. I know guys going in to get the suede wheel and shifter replaced so they could get new ones.

I didn't read all of the items because I frankly don't care but I wouldn't mind if someone had replaced a lot of the interior components with new before I bought it.

Isn't the motor rebuilt or new as well?

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
Idk I was just trying to give helpful info and everyone seems to defend 25 repairs as totally normal and fine.

Whatever tried to be nice

I'm with you dude, I looked up the maintenance records on my truck before I bought it and was like oh wow it's been in for a ton of stuff, must be "well maintained", nope, had quite a few more issues and now have more money into the truck than it's worth, but it's finally a solid vehicle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info