May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Fun fact, instead of 9 cars it WAS 10 cars...I Crashed the McLaren 570S

Road & Track's 2017 Performance Car of the Year

Cliffs:

3rd place - Corvette Grand Sport
2nd place - Lotus Evora 400 (utterly shocking to me)
1st place - Acura NSX

The lineup:

t4IZnEf.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Why no viper ACR or z06?

Entrants must be new or significantly revised for 2017, and they must be traditionally shaped cars that push the limits of high performance on both road and track. That means no high-power crossovers, no hot hatches, and no rally replicas.

The test spans four days, two of which are dedicated to the fast back roads of Kentucky and Tennessee and two of which are spent on track at NCM Motorsports Park.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It amazes me that supercars now have a 3800+ pound curb weight. It would be interesting to see what the Acura would weigh without the electric motors and batteries. With just the 500hp v6. As well what it's performance would be. With corrected gearing of course.

The added performance the electric motors offer probably outweighs the added weight. Especially with all that torque it adds in the lower rpm. But still makes you wonder is a more entry level car, or rebadged car, could be offered with just the v6 at a lower price point.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
It amazes me that supercars now have a 3800+ pound curb weight. It would be interesting to see what the Acura would weigh without the electric motors and batteries. With just the 500hp v6. As well what it's performance would be. With corrected gearing of course.

The added performance the electric motors offer probably outweighs the added weight. Especially with all that torque it adds in the lower rpm. But still makes you wonder is a more entry level car, or rebadged car, could be offered with just the v6 at a lower price point.

i agree, and the electric motors dont add a whole lot. nothing i would think a better tune could make up for.

gallery-1477676395-roa120116fea-pcoty-16edit4.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
i agree, and the electric motors dont add a whole lot. nothing i would think a better tune could make up for.

No way. The linear power delivery from the basement is unlike anything else. This thing launches with the electric motors and then pours in power from the turbocharged engine resulting in no turbo lag. The electric motors fill in the gap of the gasoline engine's powerband.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
No way. The linear power delivery from the basement is unlike anything else. This thing launches with the electric motors and then pours in power from the turbocharged engine resulting in no turbo lag. The electric motors fill in the gap of the gasoline engine's powerband.

that, plus true all wheel torque vectoring for teh handling goodness. :nutz:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info