Tesla Product Announcement at 7pm Central Time

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Everyone is trying to guess what it is. Elon said it won't be expected by most. It doesn't appear to be a full event, just an announcement followed by a conference call. So it's probably not a vehicle reveal.

People are speculating either Autopilot 2.0 because Tesla hired it's own chip expert and it was leaked that they were working on their own camera system called Tesla-Vision (yes, it's apparently the 80's) or an explanation for the bare interior of the Model 3 which people are speculating would mean the release of Tesla Glass, which is apparently going to be their take on a heads up display and signs point to that since they were hiring a bunch of people in this field.

Or it could be something entirely different. Tesla isn't just a car company any more so maybe it's an energy product. I'm ready to nerd out either way. It will certainly be better than watching the presidential debate or the Cubs hitters swinging through a 70mph hanging breaking ball.

I some stock just for a speculative play.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
They will start producing the car close to on time. The company depends on it. It is going to be their money maker and they desperately need it. That is one target I know is priority 1 to hit.

As for the announcement who the hell knows. I can't afford most of their crap anyway lol

Edit: Oh you meant the car after the Model 3 my bad

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Bet they're pushing that new car back till 2019.

Yeah no doubt there. At worst they'll do what they did with the S and the X and delivery 4 or 5 right at the end of the year and then ramp up from there. They updated delivery times for new orders yesterday and even those are only showing middle of 2018 now. That means Tesla anticipates building a lot of cars very soon.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Really not sure why people want or think they will fail. That will be a huge blow to the auto world and set back. Unlike other manufacturers they are making leaps and bounds in the electric world. They went from a single car sportster, to the fastest production sedan in the world in under 2 decades.

And the cars rock and are visually beautiful, not weird bricks like the leaf or counter parts.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
That just makes me so happy. Not even about my speculative stock purchase which is going to pay off but just seeing what this guy does. Between the Hyperloop, SpaceX and Tesla, I mean fuck. And then there's that little footnote in his past where he started PayPal. :rofl:

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Really not sure why people want or think they will fail. That will be a huge blow to the auto world and set back. Unlike other manufacturers they are making leaps and bounds in the electric world. They went from a single car sportster, to the fastest production sedan in the world in under 2 decades.

And the cars rock and are visually beautiful, not weird bricks like the leaf or counter parts.

Just because they are making leaps and bounds in the auto world doesn't mean it will be successful. There needs to be a market for what they produce, and at the price their product costs. Otherwise they are in the red, like they are now. Their cars are expensive, and there's only a limited amount of well-off people out there willing to buy them. Not to mention the limited support for them outside of major cities.

Tesla has only made about 185K vehicles since their first one came out in 2008. Hell, Ford makes that every year in just Mustangs alone. It's small time compared to the rest of the auto industry.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
They are very young compared to Ford. If and when the model 3 comes out that will be their affordable model. To offset costs.

The cars they produce are far greater than any Ford on the market.... exception limited production cars... Ford GT, gt350 etc

Elon does not know how to fail. Let's not count them out

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
They are very young compared to Ford. If and when the model 3 comes out that will be their affordable model. To offset costs.

The cars they produce are far greater than any Ford on the market.... exception limited production cars... Ford GT, gt350 etc

Elon does not know how to fail. Let's not count them out

A 40K car is still expensive for what you're getting in the model 3, and it's still an electric car that has limited charging areas nationwide.

Ford cars don't have batteries that explode on them, they don't require a charging station that is only available in major cities, and a few outside areas. A Ford vehicle has support in every area in the country. They are mainstream.

Elon has done very well for himself, no doubt about it. And he is a very intelligent guy. But he is putting his eggs in one basket with this new model 3. That is something you do not do in business. He better hope the car doesn't have problems and people actually like it and buy them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info