What do you hate/dislike about your current vehicle?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Seen this topic somewhere else and thought it could be interesting here.

Current vehicle is my 2013 Cruze. I bought it after doing a decent amount of research on them. I love the first gen RS body on it. Handsome little car to me. But there are flaws. Biggest one of all is GM's usual bullshit of their RS appearance package having stock wheels. Of course I could change for after market but this thing has the stupidest bolt pattern out there. Another thing I hate is the stock brakes. They feel terrible and are tiny for the car IMO. PLus the rears are shity drums. The other thing I dislike is the cloth seats that have a mesh material over them. Look cool but they suck up dog hair and its a pain to vacuum it up.

What do you guys dislike?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
2013 Cruze Eco.

Enjoyed it at first. But as of late I am getting really sick with the lack of power. There is ZERO difference between half and full throttle. If you merge you have to floor the car to get in.

It does not feel as refined as before. The engine seems louder, the engine mounts feel loose (even though dealer told me its all 100% normal)

Probably will get rid of this thing soon.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
14 Raptor

For the HVAC controls, the dashes (indicating fan speed) go from 1 to 9. 1-3 are the same speed, 4 suddenly kicks everything into high, and then 5-9 are gradually higher and higher. I've heard there's a fix by Ford but I'm lazy.

I think the rear diff/driveshaft has developed the infamous Ford "clunk" that they have never fixed in any performance vehicle, ever.

Mainly all nagging things but nothing that isn't livable.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I could nitpick about small things, like not liking the color of my rims or my radio being kind of a pile of shit....but honestly, every time I get in the car I find very little to complain about.

Hell, Ive been giving thought to maybe getting into something newer next year but after getting back into the car after letting it sit for 2 weeks, that thought instantly went away.

If I had to pick something, its too loud....but there is really no getting around that.

Actually, I can bitch about something...Evos arent refined in the least bit. Theyre noisy, harsh and are every bit the rally car theyre meant to be. After coming from the Supra, that was the one huge thing I missed the most.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
2010 Fusion SE 2.5L

Cloth seats and that is my biggest regret. The fusion is the car the dogs are transported around in and one of my dogs gets carsick easily. Even with a sling in the back seat he manages to puke on the seats.

Rear brakes do more than the 30% braking they are supposed to and wear out pretty quickly (common problem on my generation)

I miss driving something with some omph, the 2.5L is ok for a n/a 4 banger and gets good mpg but you need to stomp on it to get moving.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

I dislike that my gas gauge doesn't work.

Also dislike the electronic throttle control in D. Neuters throttle response from a start and with only 2 liters and no boost then, it kills any getup from a stop until boost kicks in and the tires spin... However, when you put it into auto-manual mode, it'll have much better throttle response and go just fine.

I do enjoy no payments, cheap insurance, and not worrying about the car at all. It get's me to and from the train station and to/from Home Depot on the weekends just fine.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
2011 SHO
-Dislikes
-Not really used to a turbo motor and i feel that the lag is horrible and the power doesn't come on until your really in it. However a tune should fix that (probably in the next month or two).
-Gas Mileage, I mean i baby it and I get 18-19 (i do sit in traffic).
-The tail light "chrome" has peeled off and looks like shit. I will be fixing that next week hopefully.

Other than that I like it, its a nice little cruiser with some pep (when boosted), comfortable, quiet, and some what fun to drive. regardless of the stigma you guys have of it lol!

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
2011 SHO
-Dislikes
-Not really used to a turbo motor and i feel that the lag is horrible and the power doesn't come on until your really in it. However a tune should fix that (probably in the next month or two).
-Gas Mileage, I mean i baby it and I get 18-19 (i do sit in traffic).
-The tail light "chrome" has peeled off and looks like shit. I will be fixing that next week hopefully.

Other than that I like it, its a nice little cruiser with some pep (when boosted), comfortable, quiet, and some what fun to drive. regardless of the stigma you guys have of it lol!

Lag for me was total night and day difference after a tune. Tune it!!

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
1995 RCSB 2wd silveraydo
-OBD1 system, random CEL and stumble... cant figure out WTF it is! lol
-leaves keep getting into my blower motor and making the card in spoke noise
-rear drum brakes, all fresh, adjusted properly, yet they still stick from time to time!! ugh
-no real room for a sub.. so i cant thump around.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
2011 Chrysler 200
-The navigation system kinda sucks. I wish I had a later model with the improved infotainment system.
-It handles like a boat
-Torque steer with 285 horsepower can be annoying
-My cruise control doesn't always work. The dealer told me I need a new clock spring, but I'm too cheap and lazy to replace it.

2012 Boss 302
-The exhaust sound. I don't like how the coyote based engines sound. They just sound pitchy and raspy to me.
-The factory clutch. The stock clutch doesn't like the high rpm that the engine is capable of turning.
-A lot of boss specific parts are being discontinued by Ford.
-Attracts too much attention and I don't like parking it in public places. I had more fun with my slow pile of junk 06 v6 Mustang that I traded for this thing. I drove that car everywhere without a care in the world.

1990 5.0 LX
-It's still not fast enough lol. Also it gets expensive to drive because compression is high and it needs a mix of race fuel with 93 for street driving. Also, the brakes could be better. All things I can and will address as I continue to modify and work on this car.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
1995 RCSB 2wd silveraydo
-OBD1 system, random CEL and stumble... cant figure out WTF it is! lol
-leaves keep getting into my blower motor and making the card in spoke noise
-rear drum brakes, all fresh, adjusted properly, yet they still stick from time to time!! ugh
-no real room for a sub.. so i cant thump around.

Fuck that would annoy the living shot out of me!

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Silverado - getting to the point where it's taking some maintenance for suspension. Has the nice random gm interior rattles and a bit of piston slap when it's cold.

Blazer - leaks. Fixed the wet ones but still chasing an exhaust leak. It's also slow as fuck and makes me want to ls swap it. Needs new seats bad.

Buick - parts are expensive and hard to find. Rust.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info