Help me think of new car...searchers block

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I'm having a tough time narrowing down my search for a next vehicle...The Expedition has been great, but the gas mileage is killing me, and gas is only going to get more expensive...just don't need anything that big. I want to go smaller, but still has usable storage. Here are the criteria...

Manual trans
<100K miles
Minimum 4 doors
Hatchbacks/wagons or sedans with fold down seats
$20K or less
Nothing German (because maintenance/parts costs)
No cares about AWD, FWD, or RWD
2000 or newer

Fiesta and Focus ST's are definitely on my radar. Always :nutz: off Volvo's...but I'm stuck in that rut...help me think outside my box

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006

-K-pPuDi.jpeg

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
2017 Honda Civic hatchback. It only comes with the turbo engine and starts at $20,535 with destination and manual tranmsission. Fantastic-driving car and equally impressive fuel economy.

img1084643644-1474645058694.jpg

Interesting...might have to take a meander over to the Honda dealer this weekend to take a look...assuming they're at dealers...they're also new...do you expect markup?

Outbacks?

Outbacks and Subaru's are definitely on the radar...would love a Forester XT

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Interesting...might have to take a meander over to the Honda dealer this weekend to take a look...assuming they're at dealers...they're also new...do you expect markup?

Outbacks and Subaru's are definitely on the radar...would love a Forester XT

The hatchbacks just went on sale a few weeks ago. Not sure what's trickled into dealerships yet. Honda typically doesn't wheel and deal too much but it's nearing the end of the year so you might find some wiggle room. Finding a manual may be the hardest part.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Lexus IS300? or Lexus "Sport Cross" wagon?

Maxima?

WRX or Evo?

Forester XT?

Wrangler Unlimited?

Would love a first gen IS...hard to come by with a manual...and arguably overpriced still

Not a big Nissan fan

WRX would be good...Evo not my style

Forester XT, as said earlier, would be most ideal, but finding a decent one, with lower miles with a stick, for a decent price is hard.

No Wranglers...I'd debate a year old Renegade with the 1.4T, AWD, and a 6-speed

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Would love a first gen IS...hard to come by with a manual...and arguably overpriced still

Not a big Nissan fan

WRX would be good...Evo not my style

Forester XT, as said earlier, would be most ideal, but finding a decent one, with lower miles with a stick, for a decent price is hard.

No Wranglers...I'd debate a year old Renegade with the 1.4T, AWD, and a 6-speed

I'd love a first gen IS, but yes, they hold their value well.

Why are you hard set on a 4 door out of curiosity? just the practicality?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I'd love a first gen IS, but yes, they hold their value well.

Why are you hard set on a 4 door out of curiosity? just the practicality?

I'm not a 2 door fan...I've had them...just not practical enough...plus fitting 6'6" fishing poles in a Fiesta ST is hard enough...

y no love for dat bmw wagon

so suby wagon

If I still had my BMW parts hook-up, I'd be looking hard at a 335i...but don't want to pay the upkeep/parts costs that come with the German cars...VW included.

Subby wagon is definitely on the short list...love me some flat-four thrum

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I'm not a 2 door fan...I've had them...just not practical enough...plus fitting 6'6" fishing poles in a Fiesta ST is hard enough...

If I still had my BMW parts hook-up, I'd be looking hard at a 335i...but don't want to pay the upkeep/parts costs that come with the German cars...VW included.

Subby wagon is definitely on the short list...love me some flat-four thrum

i've never had a challenge with my german cars (all bmw) but hey ymmv. i was thinking more along the lines of e46 era.

i have my mom's 04 impreza wagon wrx as a winter/whatever car. only complaint is that it's auto !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info