Opinion: Husky X-Act Floor Liners vs Weathertech Floor Liners

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I have owned both floor liners and figured I would throw out some opinions on which I think is best.

Weathertech Floor Liners: Made in Illinois, which is nice to support local business. They are made of a very durable and hard plastic. They fit nicely in my Mustang, but fit like crap in my wife's Subaru. Over the years the plastic is still holding up, but they have started to show slight discoloration and have become slightly deformed. The clip that secured the drivers side floor mat in my Mustang always fell apart when I took the mat out to clean them, but snapped back together easily. The textured plastic didn't really keep my feet from sliding around on a wet surface and the smooth backing did a poor job of keeping the liners in place if they weren't secured down by OEM clips. Worst part of that is if the liners were warm in the sun and slid out of place, they would keep a poor shape when they sun went away and they cooled down. These did a great job keeping any liquid off of the carpets.

Husky X-Act floor liners: Made in America. Heavy duty durable textured rubber material does a great job keeping grip even when wet. They secure with screw cap type fastners making it easy to get the floor mats in and out. These also included a carpet screw in fastner for the passenger side to make a mounting point for the passenger mat even though there was not an OEM one in place. They have small rubber spikes on the back that keep the floor mats from sliding around. Do a great job keeping water and debris from getting onto the carpet. They are flexible in nature, so they contour to the floor and fit excellent. Since they are flexible and not ridgid, they do not take any odd shapes when cooled down. Still need to use these for a few years to see how the material holds up, but they are very thick and feel "heavy duty".

Conclusion: The Husky liners have better fit and function, but I am unsure if the softer rubber will be as resilient as the Weathertech liners. Overall, the Husky liners look nicer, fit nicer, and feel nicer. I would recommend these over the Weathertechs. Prices for these are pretty comparable, so that didn't play a factor in my decision.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I've had 3 sets of Husky Liners over the last number of years. The Husky liners do stay in place very well. I felt that the Weathertechs were a bit softer rubber and more pliable, whereas the Husky liners were a bit more rigid and "plasticky". Feeling both of the materials made me think the Weathertechs were a bit more luxurious, and the Husky liners a bit more industrial grade. But I wear shoes when I drive so the texture doesn't matter to me aside from how well it wears.

I had a gray Husky set that didn't match the gray interior of our Sportage, so I've since stayed with black. Overall I've been very happy with the Husky liners. They haven't showed any signs of wear, and as they are about $40 cheaper for a set compared to Weathertechs, I'll keep being a fan of the Husky brand.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
It would seem some vehicles might have a better fit as far as weathertech's liners go. I noticed a big difference between my Mustang and our Boobaru. The passenger side liner in the Subaru fits terrible and slides all around with use. That over the years has caused some deformation and curling. The material that Husky uses in these x-act liners seems superior in every way. The water and dirt channels are deeper as well, which is nice for rocks and water.

If I get some time tomorrow, I will shoot a quick video or pictures to show what I am talking about.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Yep, my wrx ones fit like shit. Our honda ones fit similarly. My biggest beef is they put a large opening around the trunk/gas door poppers instead of maybe putting a slightly smaller edge. This big cut away just lets slush and water to fall under the mat and leave stains.

My truck ones fit alright but I didn't get any of the mounts for them and then it took 4 tries to get the right ones sent to me even with providing pictures and links from their own damn website.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
I have had Husky floor liners in my truck going on 2yrs now and they have help up great. No wear marks under gas pedel, no tears or any sort of signs of wearing out. They fit perfect. For the cost difference between weather tech and Husky, I would go Husky every time and I am not one to cheap out. WeatherTech makes great products, and I have some of them and very happy but I would definitely recommend Husky floor liners.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I have Weather tech in my silverado and although they work great I complain because the liner doesn't sit very pretty against the trans tunnel or the kick panel near the door. A co worker has a similar truck to mine with Husky liners and they fit much cleaner and seem to get the job done just as well. Either way I think you're fine. Find the best price.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Yep, my wrx ones fit like shit. Our honda ones fit similarly. My biggest beef is they put a large opening around the trunk/gas door poppers instead of maybe putting a slightly smaller edge. This big cut away just lets slush and water to fall under the mat and leave stains.

My truck ones fit alright but I didn't get any of the mounts for them and then it took 4 tries to get the right ones sent to me even with providing pictures and links from their own damn website.

That is another issue for sure. That fucking fuel door lever.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Husky!....I was always a Weathertech guy until I bought my Explorer, and now I'll never go back.

My Explorer has the captain chairs in the second row instead of the bench. With the kids, I wanted to put Weathertechs in the front, middle, and back. When I went to order the Weathertechs I realized that they didn't cover the aisle in the middle, so someone recommended Husky instead. Sure enough the Husky's covered the aisle so no carpet is exposed anywhere.

I couldn't believe how much better the Husky's coverage was overall, and I like that they have the little "spikes" on the bottom to stay in place. I put Husky's in my Lincoln, and plan on sticking with them for all my new cars.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Here are some photos that I snapped. These Weathertechs have been in this Outback for a few years now, so they have been used a bit. The edges don't lay down at all and you can see how bad the fuel door lever is that ilikemtb was talking about. These mats fit a decent bit better on my Mustang, but the lack of flexibility and plastic material causes them to get out of shape easily.

How the passenger mat rides when someone has been in that side of the vehicle.
cc7960719e679368f18ad5dcebf66ea7.jpg

Where it is supposed to sit
731673aec63d15d36bb0b8cb7e123a74.jpg

Poor fitting around the sides
64509a8e7940407ac0e0f92042ae4c38.jpg

dce786062f9d084a43d645ec43f71556.jpg

The Husky X-Act liners fit perfect around the edges, are secured well, and can be bent in half and return to the shape they are supposed to. Only gripe is the X-Act series liners don't cover the entire back floor, just where you put your feet and the tunnel. The Husky weatherbeater series does cover the entire back floor though. I just wanted a matching set and will never put something that muddy or dirty in the back. Seat will get a cover for the dog.

Husky X-Act Contour's

57bcc74ef049a3740f37939ea655f2a4.jpg

2d1bd3e6006db6afa94675eb098d8bbe.jpg

5c28ce43e2cb713fbd966612937e62ec.jpg

9fbd6006c02970a28d6c59362dee48e7.jpg

b1d2519f7528b20e0a23179ab30b6190.jpg

650b8735176f5625ad3da4198a344c58.jpg

ed0a359dccb075663f419b5137dfe17c.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info