New 1/2 mile world record...

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
247 is an insane speed to be driving a car. 247 in a half mile is an even more insane speed.

dragsters dragsters yadda yadda.

has anyone done a full on fabricated purpose built standing 1/2 or 1 mile car yet?

Could a top fuel dragster even survive a 1/2 mile pass? I mean it melts the plugs every run, and destroys the clutch in like 2 or 3 runs.

If the power could go down I'm sure you'd see a 400mph+ pass. And that would be crazy scary.

At that speed you'd need a runway more than a mile long to slow down. 400mph is 587 feet per second. After passing the half mile marker the driver would have 4.5 seconds to react and come to a stop before passing the mile marker.

Would need a runway at 2 miles long to account for driver reaction time + stopping distance.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Could a top fuel dragster even survive a 1/2 mile pass? I mean it melts the plugs every run, and destroys the clutch in like 2 or 3 runs.

If the power could go down I'm sure you'd see a 400mph+ pass. And that would be crazy scary.

At that speed you'd need a runway more than a mile long to slow down. 400mph is 587 feet per second. After passing the half mile marker the driver would have 4.5 seconds to react and come to a stop before passing the mile marker.

Would need a runway at 2 miles long to account for driver reaction time + stopping distance.

I'm not saying run a dragster on a 1/2 mile track. Simply stating there are faster cars hitting way beyond that speed in shorter distance.

the $$ isn't there in the standing whatever distance realm though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info