Fiesta powershift transmission woes

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
So the fiance's fiesta won't go in reverse and is skipping 2nd gear on her drive home today from the city.

From reading the internets it seems this transmission is a crapshoot but the warranty was extended to 7 years 100k miles. I am near hoffman estates and trying to find a ford dealer to look at it which at least won't suck too much. Anybody on here have any good dealers to recommend around palatine/schaumburg area?

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
So the fiance's fiesta won't go in reverse and is skipping 2nd gear on her drive home today from the city.

From reading the internets it seems this transmission is a crapshoot but the warranty was extended to 7 years 100k miles. I am near hoffman estates and trying to find a ford dealer to look at it which at least won't suck too much. Anybody on here have any good dealers to recommend around palatine/schaumburg area?

My uncle is service manager at Zimmerman . But that is in St Charles sorry.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
We were just a bob rohrmans this morning. Of course it showed no issues and no CEL so all they could do was a tcm update as a part of a tsb for the car. Hard start this morning the first time like we just stalled it. Will be back next week for some other recalls and a fluid change on the tranny. Really hope this thing can last us another 100k miles as my fiance commutes 70 miles a day and loves this car.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KMQwJnsz7U8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y8EbargqVYk

This trans is an electronically shifted , manual trans . It is a well known problem with fiesta and focus drivers . Ford giving you the run around , they know what's up with that trans .

Mine started making a little noise at 2,000 and failed at about 29,000 miles. Videos are right before i took it in . When it finally failed , I got stuck in a parking lot . Would not go into drive . The dash indocator would just flash. Then finally engaged after about a half hour. Then the insane noise .

I will be selling my car because of it. I'm at 68k right now . You don't want that to happen when it's out of warranty . That will be expensive .

Manley ford had my car for almost month. They gave me a rental . It seems like a relatively easy trans swap ,but the trans ' s were on backorder because of the failure rate across the country.

Don't buy a fiesta or focus with the double clutch auto trans . They have the same fake auto trans. . The reason for the extended warranty is because ford knows they fucked up.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Ford should offer a manual swap or a buy back. The powershift issues are horrid.

It sucks though because the Fiesta is actually a decent car otherwise. It has a ton of features, good economy, and is pretty comfy to drive. That powershift transmission is just horrible though. Ford really needs to completely redesign it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info