3M protective film

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
3M used to be crap film. It would yellow easy and didnt self heal like the better stuff. But I think I heard they bought venture shields out and took their tech. They used to be the best. Now there is another company making good film called Xpel. Their film is similar to venture shields. You can use a heat gun and heal scratches and swirls. You can also wax and buff it.

But always remember you should NOT ever put clear film on headlights. Especially HIDs. It will hold the heat to the lens and eventually the lens will craze or crack.

My advice from doing clear bras for years, is to do the whole hood and whole fenders. Rocks will bounce and skip across the hood. You might not get damage on the bra, but they will still damage the hood past where the bra ends. Most precut kits only cover the first two feet of the hood and fenders back. If you really care about the car, have those pieces made custom and get the mirrors, rockers and a few feet of the top of the roof from the windshield back covered.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Oh and there is only one thing you should use to clean and wax clear film bras.

Plexus.

Plexus Plastic Cleaner | MotoSport

Honda spray polish works awesome too. But if you use plexus, it will leave the film clean and with that perfectly waxed feeling. And it wont hurt or swirl the film. I also used to use it on my clear top for my corvette. Worked like magic on all plastics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• JeffsLightning
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list