Are the modern muscle cars coming to an end?

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
America's Muscle Car Sales Are Falling Off

i blame it 100% on cost.

1. the 6th generation Camaro is still too fucking expensive.
2. i am still pissed about the 2016 GT350 mandatory options and price hike aswell.

3. hmm maybe i wasnt losing my mind when ive said a 284854965 times the 10k markup for a comparable camaro and the price hike on the GT350 is bullshit.

Hmmm does dwindling sales mean I was right? :dunno:

Have the modern muscle cars price tags gone up enough people are finally saying :nope: and :dnc:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
it's not price. at all.

it's the market.

back in the day, 16-40 whatever year old males cared about going fast, looking cool, and horsepower.

now, most 16-40 year old males care about if their baby seats will fit in the back of their crossover & how quickly the bluetooth connects.

car modding & enthusiasm is dying, and with that muscle cars.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I think the cost has to do with all the options and accessories that are in cars these days as well as safety equipment. All of those things jack car prices up quick. I do think the costs are a bit ridiculous when the average income for middle class isn't exactly leaving people with a lot of money left over to compensate for the increase cost in cars. Muscle cars got their popularity because they were fun and affordable for middle class IMO. A middle class American isn't exactly making enough money to keep up with modern muscle car costs these days. I mean you could have a stay at home mom and a dad working in a factory supporting 7 kids and owning a house. Good luck trying that today. It is suicide.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I think the cost has to do with all the options and accessories that are in cars these days as well as safety equipment. All of those things jack car prices up quick. I do think the costs are a bit ridiculous when the average income for middle class isn't exactly leaving people with a lot of money left over to compensate for the increase cost in cars. Muscle cars got their popularity because they were fun and affordable for middle class IMO. A middle class American isn't exactly making enough money to keep up with modern muscle car costs these days. I mean you could have a stay at home mom and a dad working in a factory supporting 7 kids and owning a house. Good luck trying that today. It is suicide.

that's not it though. it's instead of dad driving a 35k mustang and jamming his kids in the back seat bouncing off the rear glass, he's buying an ecoboost ford edge and hammering the fuck down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info