2003 Tahoe Z71 5.3 - oil pressure switch?

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
I'm pretty sure my pressure switch failed last night. Pressure is just sitting at 80 when the car is on.

uploadfromtaptalk1471516770669.png

Decided to look on Amazon because I knew these sensors have a bigger socket size that I may not have.

Here's the question. Does my truck have/need that little filter on the right? Reviews said it goes where the switch goes? Is that all I need to perform this repair?

I have literally zero ls/sbc experience. Halp.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
this is super easy. also do the knock sensor's and harness while you're in there, and google the write up for how to rtv the valley to not let them get gunked up again

This. But also try and ohm out the sensor before you go for it. These trucks are notorious for gauge cluster failures, so, the issue may be with the cluster and not the sensor. If it is the cluster, it's right around $250 for a replacement and it's super common. Too bad I'm not further along in my Yukon/Duramax project, I've got a new OE cluster in there that won't work with the diesel.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
this is super easy. also do the knock sensor's and harness while you're in there, and google the write up for how to rtv the valley to not let them get gunked up again
This. But also try and ohm out the sensor before you go for it. These trucks are notorious for gauge cluster failures, so, the issue may be with the cluster and not the sensor. If it is the cluster, it's right around $250 for a replacement and it's super common. Too bad I'm not further along in my Yukon/Duramax project, I've got a new OE cluster in there that won't work with the diesel.
If that's the case I'll go down to AJR in Glendale and have the stepper motor replaced on the cheap. :bigthumb:
truck looks CLEAN... make a thread about it in the members rides :dunno:
I did a quick half ass glaze and seal the other day just to freshen it up until I get time to actually polish it. Cleans up nice. uploadfromtaptalk1471526568518.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info