2015 Sonic RS

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
Looking into one of these as a daily. I'm pretty convinced I'd take this over any other tiny car for the money, I just want to know if there is anything I need to check out specifically? Anyone ever own one of these? Probably going to look at it soon.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/676672061/overview/

This looks like a pretty good deal.

$11,500
3,850 Miles
Vin: 1G1JG6SB0F4184061

Thanks!

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I looked at a few of these with my Sister as she was searching for a replacement for he Fiesta SE Hatch and I had one as a Rental once.

I would not go back at all. I hated it.

They are cheap for a reason. Drivetrain wise, its probably fine. But the interior, ergonomics and features aren't great at all.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Step up into a Cruze. And buy a 13/14 model year that still retains the 100k 5 year powertrain warranty

I like my Cruze as an eco car but I'm starting to get tired of every issue I have come back to me as "this is normal"

Trans grinds in 2nd above 5k rpms from 1-2 shift. Was told this was normal

My engine feels like it moves a lot in stop and go traffic with AC on. Was just told yesterday by dealer this all feels normal.

Loud engine noise at first startup especially when cold....... Again told normal.

Sooooo what failure isn't normal? If it wasn't for the incredible gas mileage of the eco I would have dumped this box a while ago

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I have the same thing with 2nd gear. I don't notice the engine movement tho. Engine start up noise does seem loud but I'm not worried about it.

Well I feel that 2nd gear issue is not normal it should not grind unless I'm being an idiot stick driver. The car also feels very labored with the AC on, surges almost like it can't figure out how much boost to apply.

Idk once we are finished with the house buying process I will probably look to dump it.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Well I feel that 2nd gear issue is not normal it should not grind unless I'm being an idiot stick driver. The car also feels very labored with the AC on, surges almost like it can't figure out how much boost to apply.

Idk once we are finished with the house buying process I will probably look to dump it.

That's what happens when you take 140hp car and suck away half the hoursepower with the a/c compressor. Run 93 and it'll surge a lot less

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Like this, but Fiesta ST...

ZMgZb.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info