Third party aftermarket extended warranty experiences

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Anyone have any input?

I had one on my 300c srt8, but sold the car before I ever used it...

anyone else here have any good experiences?

my little brother bought a 1500 silverado a few months back and the company he got his from just put about 8k into his truck... unfortunately i can't get one from that company as it's not offered...

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
My ST extended warranty company was junk.

We'll the shitty part I had with them was the dealer wouldn't give me a loaner car for FACTORY powertrain warranty work. So I was going to use the extended warranty. Their plan was even shittier, and forced me to car Ford Corporate on the dealer and they hooked me up with a rental for nearly a month since the trans was on back order.

The Warranty company needed all kinds of information and was kind of hard to get a hold of someone that knew anything.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Custom Edge. It was suppose to cover a lot of shit up for 120mo or 124,000 miles.

cc9091dbf81a7f412a474c3984c3aa21.jpg

61cdc75e67d143ba632800bb0eee4be7.jpg

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
when aren't they junk? any reputable company's you know of or could recommend?

FORD ESP is the best aftermarket I have seen. Ford sells it.. but they sell it for ANY car.

Ive had thousands of dollars of shit covered just by a phone call, pay full labor rate... and dont sent out inspectors hardly ever.

Ive been dealing with extended warranties for the last 5 years, usually 10 calls a week with different extended warranties.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
FORD ESP is the best aftermarket I have seen. Ford sells it.. but they sell it for ANY car.

Ive had thousands of dollars of shit covered just by a phone call, pay full labor rate... and dont sent out inspectors hardly ever.

Ive been dealing with extended warranties for the last 5 years, usually 10 calls a week with different extended warranties.

:bigthumb: thank you

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
First I will try to clarify some things about aftermarket companies and what some people may think are Factory plans.

First off the days of a "Factory Backed" extended service contract are all but gone at this point. Back 10-20 years ago the manufacturer was also the underwriter on the contracts. They either fully backed it with their own money or owned the financal company that did. Whether you go to a GM store a Mopar store etc now read the fine print on the contracts. Most are labeled "Chevy Protection Plan" "Mopar Protection Plan" but they are all funneled off to third party banks or companies to perform the underwriting and all the claims work. So when you think you are buying a GM plan or what not you may actually be buying the same plan from Zurich that Joe Blow did when he bought his contract from a Ford dealer. Just branded different.

Now on to what I do and my company. I work for the same company that was "Factory Backed" Up until the major market crash everything was owned by GM. Because things came crashing down we had to split off for loan reasons. Our plans have not changed, our policies have not changed and you will get the same customer service as you always have.

I will use another post to address plans etc

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
You can purchase a plan from us on any vehicle (excluding exotics) new or used. Mostly the only stipulation we have is that the vehicle is still under some sort of manufacturer warranty at the time. Basically preventing you from walking in at 80k miles and buying a plan just to cover some failures. AKA Insurance Fraud.

All our dealers are required to inspect your vehicle if you are a "walk in sale" Basically not buying the plan at the same time you purchased the vehicle. On our top level plan we exclude very little from coverage. It is literally 1 small paragraph that covers your basic, interior trim, maintenance, wear and tear items, etc and thats it. If its not listed in that paragraph it is covered no questions asked.

My biggest advice to you would be to always read the fine print. Ask for a copy of an actual contract not just the brochure. Read the "Not covered" section. Make sure it is something you want and that it covers what you think you will need.

Every company is different but most that survived the market crash are good ones. My company, Zurich, the warranty group, etc. All of them have different levels of coverage. Just do your homework and shop around price wise and you will be fine.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
so which company is that [MENTION=11218]lastls1[/MENTION] pm me if you'd like

General Motors Protection Plan aka GMPP. Most of our processes are automated. I am sure SYP can attest that dealers normally do not have to call us unless its major work. Everything is done on a computer for GM stores from checking covereage to claim approvals.

The older crowd may know us from back in the day as GMAC financial

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info