Detailing Crew - Polish & Glaze?

07si

DanJoys brother
Jul 13, 2011
aurora
Anybody use a Polish and or glaze after compounding, before waxxing there vehicles using a porter cable or similar machine? I've read polish is good on brighter colored vehicle's (blue, red, yellow, green etc) and glaze deepens and enriches the color after compounding (any color). I personally get best results with a good claybar, compound, and wax. Just looking for personal experiences and your thoughts on the other 2 steps. Do you do both or 1 or the other when detailing your vehicle's? I don't here of people doing claybar, compound, polish, glaze, and waxxing generally. Thanks in advance for any input again I'm just using a dual action Porter Cable and a hand applicator for smaller areas not a high speed machine.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
When I first started using the PC, I would polish to correct the paint with Menzerna and follow it with Clearkote's Vanilla Moose Glaze. It helped create even more shine and depth to the paint on my car.
Sealed with Wolfgang Concourse Paint Sealant.

it depends on how crazy you want to get with the # of steps prior to your LSP

07si

DanJoys brother
Jul 13, 2011
aurora
When I first started using the PC, I would polish to correct the paint with Menzerna and follow it with Clearkote's Vanilla Moose Glaze. It helped create even more shine and depth to the paint on my car.
Sealed with Wolfgang Concourse Paint Sealant.

it depends on how crazy you want to get with the # of steps prior to your LSP
Vanilla moose glaze!? I'm going to have to look those products up. Sounds like some good shit. I'm just thinking theirs not going to be much correction using a PC even though they claim these new products have corrective micro abrasives in them I don't know how much they actually do. So even though a glaze hides imperfections it may be better because it's not performing as a Polish would with a highspeed machine? That's just my thought anyway

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Glaze will last until it rains. I would only use it on garage kept show cars. Plus I still question how well wax or sealant bonds to the paint on top of a glaze

That's probably the reason there.

Sealant or a Coating should always be the first thing applied to the paint for protection. Glaze comes next to enhance the shine of a Sealant and Wax depending on how crazy you are about wanting the most shine out of the paint.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I'm not sure I have heard or read of people glazing over a LSP ( Last step product )
suitably named ?

Traditional method is Sealant/Coating followed by a Glaze and then a wax (Wax being the LSP)

3-Step method.

Others skip glaze. If you want maximum shine, glaze followed by wax is the way to go.

As previously mentioned, certain glazes do not contain fillers, and even so as long as the person corrected the paint properly, this shouldn't be a reason to say no to glaze. It is an added step that some feel is not at all necessary, but, I do it to increase the shine over the correction I've already done.

It's certainly not a requirement, but, I'm kind of an extremist when it comes to paint correction, detailing, etc.

07si

DanJoys brother
Jul 13, 2011
aurora
Don't know what ive been doing all my life used some old meguiars polish after compounding my mom's whooped ass paint. Holy shine!

1e32be52314653ec9eaae51992004144.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info