Gidi's new 2XXXhp monster. Project ALPHA G

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
Few people in the GT-R world haven't at least heard the name Gidi or Gideon. He has become ingrained in R35 GT-R folklore as one of the most passionate GT-R fanatics in the world. Last summer Gidi, like many seasoned racers suffered an on track incident. Sadly this particular case resulted in the total loss of his beloved blue GT-R. Walking away without a bump or a scratch Gidi would not be defeated. He did what any logical GT-R fanatic would do....he started building a better one.

With TX2K coming up I thought I would share some of the progress pictures of Gidi's latest project dubbed the ALPHA G. The goal for ALPHA G was simple....Give her all she's got without making it a full blown race car. It had to be quicker than anything we have built and it had to go faster than anything we have built. So far its shaping up to do JUST THAT!!!

We still have a lot of work to do but for now here are some pretty wild pictures of what is shaping up to be our most monstrous GT-R build yet.

1a60129c3fce25e815a6570782d308c7.jpg

377744aaf3b68f5e925ee66cc32eca57.jpg

58f58928ccfef9b35a4424ff2df4164e.jpg

ea7dc462e06eb241a56d80a620dcf5e0.jpg

5e58794e0885d6e51b7eb9dff3a9e052.jpg

48626ec00fdec29a47ed0550fdb34f7e.jpg

As we get more pictures and the finished product I will post it all here. Disregard the finish on the parts as most will be coated or anodized after they have been completed. Please also note the motor in the engine is simply a dummy motor for mock-up purposes.

Eric@AMS

Forum Sponsor
Feb 19, 2010
If I can ask what is going to be done for traction as stated above? I know the omega did a burn out at 210 mph when the speed sensors became ineffective.

Bigger tires? Full slicks all 4 corners? Build looks sick.

The reason Omega did a 4 wheel burnout at 210+ was due to sensor overload. the factory speed sensors top out at that speed and Syvecs traction control uses those sensors to monitor wheel slip. Since the sensors maxed out it saw an even number front to rear and let the car have full power....thus resulting in a 4wd burnout.

That problem has since been solved and with Gidi's car we are doing a bit more in terms of tire and suspension. While it will compete in 1/2 mile events from time to time its primary focus is the drag strip and roll race events like the Texas Invitational King of the streets event.

It's maiden voyage will be the middle of next month at the TX2k Event in Houston.

Eric

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The reason Omega did a 4 wheel burnout at 210+ was due to sensor overload. the factory speed sensors top out at that speed and Syvecs traction control uses those sensors to monitor wheel slip. Since the sensors maxed out it saw an even number front to rear and let the car have full power....thus resulting in a 4wd burnout.

That problem has since been solved and with Gidi's car we are doing a bit more in terms of tire and suspension. While it will compete in 1/2 mile events from time to time its primary focus is the drag strip and roll race events like the Texas Invitational King of the streets event.

It's maiden voyage will be the middle of next month at the TX2k Event in Houston.

Eric

I think that's what he's getting at when he asked. The car has enough power in storage to do a 4wd burnout at 220mph, so clearly it makes tons more power than the car can put down to the ground. So if this one is even crazier, what more are/can you do with the suspension?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I think that's what he's getting at when he asked. The car has enough power in storage to do a 4wd burnout at 220mph, so clearly it makes tons more power than the car can put down to the ground. So if this one is even crazier, what more are/can you do with the suspension?

Correct I was just curious what changes were being made since it makes more power and I didn't see it mentioned in the posts above. Looking forward to seeing this thing in action!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info