Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I dig it.

2016 Chevrolet Silverado Gets More 8-Speed Transmissions And This Face

1338907764485757508.jpg

he 2016 Chevrolet Silverado will be facelifted as you can see right here, and GM promises “expanded use of the eight-speed automatic” currently helping their biggest-engined trucks get better gas mileage.

Make your own call about styling. I’m into it myself, and I don’t mind letting it be known that I reckon GM makes the pretties pickups on the market right now.

From a practical standpoint, proliferation of the Hydra-Matic 8L90 eight-speed is the real news here. Currently only available in GM trucks with the range-topping 6.2 V8, it reportedly weighs about the same as the six-speed it’s replacing and helps fuel economy significantly. That should help the smaller engines do even better.

Every half-ton pickup can basically pull anything you can imagine. As far as the consumer’s concerned, y’all should start focusing on running costs. And a huge portion of that comes down to MPG. Here’s hoping the new gearbox-and-engine pairings make a big impact across Chevy’s full-size lineup.

8speed/5.3 trucks gon be rated for ~25mpg hwy id bet...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I agree it looks better but I guess I'm just so used to half a decade or longer styles that a new style every 2 years seems unneeded, IMO. Whatever. It looks good.

does anyone keep a half ton truck looking the same for 5 years straight now without at least a mild refresh?

1500 chevys were 88-91... 92-95ish? 95-98... 99-02... 03 to 07.5... 07.5 to 13

and i mean prior to 88... changed up like... every year :rofl:

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Personally, i have no need for the towing potential of the bigger engines. Biggest thing i would tow every couple of years is a small u hall pull behind. Personally fire me it is more reasonably for the v6 option. You can still get those fully optioned, so you don't miss anything on the interior.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info