So I drove a Chevy SS.........

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
So we had a big work party today. A local dealer brought out a bunch of cars for us to play around with. Tahoe, Volt, Camaro, Vette, and an SS.

First impression is damn this car is setup nice. Suspension is firm but doesnt rattle your teeth out. The 1-2 shift is a fucking banshee in sport mode. Im so used to the trans am rattle box I forgot what a normal sports car feels like. This thing is damn nice. Really makes me want one as a DD. The gas mileage is the only major turn off. Car was loaded with Navi, heated and cooled seats and what not.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
7ffe498d48fd7e259783aa9e51952696.jpg

88fe3e6272835ceb8fe976ec76e95882.jpg

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Did you drive a 2014 or 2015? Suspension firmness is adjustable for 2015. The SS is mono-spec so all of them come with the same features. Except sunroof, and transmission choice for 2015.

And full size spare.

If you had a knob in the center to change the suspension firmness, it was a 2015. There was an empty bin there for the '14s IIRC.

Had to walk away from a deal on one of these, kinda sad about it but oddly kinda not.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Had to walk away from a deal on one of these, kinda sad about it but oddly kinda not.

Boooooo.

I've been tooling around in a regal green 15 SS with manual trans for the past few days. Loving the suspension adjustability in the city. I really wish it had more of an aggressive exhaust note. The burbles on decel are nice but, man, it's a weak-sounding exhaust from the factory.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Boooooo.

I've been tooling around in a regal green 15 SS with manual trans for the past few days. Loving the suspension adjustability in the city. I really wish it had more of an aggressive exhaust note. The burbles on decel are nice but, man, it's a weak-sounding exhaust from the factory.

ever driven a g8? it sounds like a PRIUS in stock format... this thing RUMBLES compared to its outdated brother :werd:

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Kinda wish I had held out for a '15 to get mag ride and rear Brembos, but the deal I got on the leftover '14 was too good to pass up. Such a fun car to drive, turns heads every time I start it.

not worth it (so i heard from 15 owners)

the rear brembos are completely useless other than looks.. the stopping distance between a 14 and a 15 is within 1ft of each other.. literally.

By the way.. we have ANOTHER SS OWNER ON THE SITE?!?!?! how did i miss your intro

willseph

Regular
May 11, 2009
not worth it (so i heard from 15 owners)

the rear brembos are completely useless other than looks.. the stopping distance between a 14 and a 15 is within 1ft of each other.. literally.

By the way.. we have ANOTHER SS OWNER ON THE SITE?!?!?! how did i miss your intro

No shit? I figured they would've made a bigger difference than 1 ft.

I haven't really done an intro. Been around a long time but not very active on the board. Shitty pic below from when I bought it last month. I'm actually dropping it off at the dealer tonight for them to replace the rear hubs with ones that don't rust.

D9BD569E-EBF1-4CDB-ABFA-C9FDFE4CC536_zpshu20vnic.jpg

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
No shit? I figured they would've made a bigger difference than 1 ft.

I haven't really done an intro. Been around a long time but not very active on the board. Shitty pic below from when I bought it last month. I'm actually dropping it off at the dealer tonight for them to replace the rear hubs with ones that don't rust.

D9BD569E-EBF1-4CDB-ABFA-C9FDFE4CC536_zpshu20vnic.jpg

yup, just did mine as well.. no questions asked.. (its actually the rotors) that are the problem. they werent coating from the factory on the 2014s :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info