Which boring car am I buying to replace my Sierra Denali?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
My boat is gone and I have no need to tow with the Denali any more. It's going in to get some bumper damaged repaired Friday from someone backing into it, after that Im looking to make the jump. 13MPGs in an obnoxiously large vehicle and $500/mo in gas is an expense I don't want any more. I'll have another car for a toy. I need a DD type vehicle, want a cheap car note and cheap operating expenses.

-20+MPG city
-automatic trans
-not luxury unless its a stupid cheap deal
-No SUVs unless its a stupid cheap deal
-room enough for 4 adults comfortably for longer than a 2 mile ride to a bar. kinda digging something hatchback for the extra room without a monstrous sized vehicle.
-would love leather but not a necessity
-$12k budget
-not afraid of mileage, 100k or less with a little wiggle room.
-has provisions for mounting a roof rack from the factory

My top contenders are:
VW Golf, though I've never actually driven or been in one.
VW Passat TDI
Toyota Prius (nohomo), old room mate has one and I actually like the car.

i miss the hell out of my e46 330ci sport package and would buy one again for the right price even though it fits nothing i listed above.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Used cruze Eco for turd econo box, or the Prius

didnt even think of that car. Have a couple friends with different models, would drive for the right price. Know anything about the diesel models? seem to be pretty few and far between.

B M W

You keep bringing it up.
[MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] will help you.

Where's the truck FS ad?

I don't own it, easier just to trade it in and not deal with all the fun that comes along with that.

That bimmer is the only car I've owned that i truly miss. It did everything well, except MPGs and fitting more than the body of a small child in a trash bag in the rear seat.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
trade for newer twin turbo bmw 3 series..........

or hell maybe even a 5 series if the price tag doesnt get to retarded.....

I don't own the truck and it isn't worth much on trade in value. its just too high mileage for the year. Staying away from needing to finance more than a couple years worth of money. $12k is it. Having something I'm not tempted to mod should be added to that list as well.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
didnt even think of that car. Have a couple friends with different models, would drive for the right price. Know anything about the diesel models? seem to be pretty few and far between.

I don't own it, easier just to trade it in and not deal with all the fun that comes along with that.

That bimmer is the only car I've owned that i truly miss. It did everything well, except MPGs and fitting more than the body of a small child in a trash bag in the rear seat.

I think the diesel model came out in 2015 new they are around 25 I think I don't know that you will get one in the low teen's, but the eco only gets a few mpg less and I'm sure you could find one for around 10ish

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Whats you're price limit?

A new Cruze ECO Diesel can be had brand new out the door for under 30k

first post. $12k

have very little desire to ever buy a new car. typically switch every two years with something used. and it sure as hell wouldn't be a Cruze I bought brand new

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info