What's it worth

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
Many of us enjoy the journey of building a car and when we're done we move on to the next, I'm one of those people. Also with the kids getting older and more activities, along with my work travel I just don't have time to enjoy the car which makes me sad. It could sit in the garage but that also makes me sad as the car was built to be driven and it does that well!

Given that the car is unique (some would call it other names including "bastardized" lol) I have no clue where to start with pricing. I know I'll never get back out of it what I have into it but for me to sell it'd have to be a fair price. We all think our stuff is worth more than others do :D so I'm looking for some input form you guys on a consensus of a fair starting price and I can work from there.

I've already gotten the "don't sell it" from most and if I don't get any bites at the price I want then I'll certainly hold on to it, but I'm ready to pick up a new toy that works with my current life, schedule etc.. so maybe a fun driver like a CTS-V.

Not everyone knows me or my car here so here is a high level

Fully restored 1968 mustang convertible
built High comp 2jzgte (10:1) 67mm turbo
th400 built trans
ford 9" rear
rack&pinion
and much much more
car made 730rwhp at 30psi and was only limited by the gate spring. Should make over 800rwhp no problem on this turbo.

Thanks for any feedback guys!

Chris

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
Totally agree on it's worth what someone will pay. I guess the best thing would be to find that starting price and do my best to get it in front of as many people as possible. Having a few articles on the car with lots of traffic, I could post it up there, PowerBlock TV Blog, Motor Authority, Jalopnik, Reddit, etc.. regardless of the negative posts :) they say any publicity is good publicity :)

Thanks for the feedback.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
It's a very nice car but trying to find a buyer is going to be hard. With it being a convertable, 68 mustang, 2jz, any one of those 3 factors alienates potential buyers. If it were black coupe with a 427ci ford motor you'd find buyers all over the place. I wish you good luck though. It's a badass car that's for sure. One thing that always helps to is getting a timeslip. If you can run a 9 out of the thing then that helps to sell it as well since it's proven.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Stupid question, what was the original power plant? If it was a 6 cylinder car, or a really undesirable VIN from the get-go, I'd imagine that would keep any kind of 'purist' crowd off of your case for 'bastardizing it' in my opinion.

Like others have said, I'm sure you'll find a buyer, VERY unique, I love it personally, and if I had the money I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

Side-Note, I like how the front brace has a little 'bend' in it, I assume to clear carburetor air-cleaners.

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
It's a very nice car but trying to find a buyer is going to be hard. With it being a convertable, 68 mustang, 2jz, any one of those 3 factors alienates potential buyers. If it were black coupe with a 427ci ford motor you'd find buyers all over the place. I wish you good luck though. It's a badass car that's for sure. One thing that always helps to is getting a timeslip. If you can run a 9 out of the thing then that helps to sell it as well since it's proven.

Definitely agreed, it's going to be a pretty small potential audience with what I have, but at least I'll have time on my side to wait it out for the right person, then I can enjoy it in the meantime :D
As for the number, I couldn't agree more, I have been contemplating getting to the track to run a number. Much appreciated on the comments.

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
Stupid question, what was the original power plant? If it was a 6 cylinder car, or a really undesirable VIN from the get-go, I'd imagine that would keep any kind of 'purist' crowd off of your case for 'bastardizing it' in my opinion.

Like others have said, I'm sure you'll find a buyer, VERY unique, I love it personally, and if I had the money I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

Side-Note, I like how the front brace has a little 'bend' in it, I assume to clear carburetor air-cleaners.

It was in fact a 6cyl car from the get go and damn near 3 wheels into the junkyard with how bad it was rusted. I gave it another shot at life :) Over the 4th I took it out a bit and ran across some serious old school guys and they were grinning ear to ear with seeing something different, the loved it and while it may not be their style, they appreciated every bit of work put into it. I was getting tired of talking about the car after this weekend lol.

You're correct on that monte carlo bar, it's to clear the distributor cap/wires but actually worked out perfect to clear my coil cover and valve covers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info