YouTube APR MK7 Golf R - Stage 2 Quarter Mile

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Oh_no_YES_33_zps63f8f0c5_(1).gif

We'd put the base price somewhere between $35,000 and $40,000, with loaded versions easily cresting $40,000
without mods

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
times are impressive, price not so much

No....but it should be mid 20s IMO

Just my opinion. Never said it was a bad car, just a little overpriced.

Are you confusing the R with a regular GTI? Because those are mid 20s...

All things considered its a decent car all around for the price. Evo/sti are the same base price as the R and they are all about the same

Yea everything now is overpriced in general terms :rofl:

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
I've always felt the R was just not reasonable. First off, the car is amazing mk4 r32 was the best.

Back in the 2004 day...
The prices the are asking for a R is almost always like $1-3 shy of evo/sti money. Which makes it a tough sell least to me.... not a bad car but just a car I would overlook if I was in the market for a R. I assume now it's about the same... but least they bought back the manual Trans, kept the awd and added a turbo in the last Gen.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
that's fucking awesome.

i feel like the focus rs will have a lot to live up to.

I have heard the RS is getting a slightly larger turbo than the 2.3L EB in the Mustang, which may give it better potential if true. But I didn't see any specs, so no real clue here.

But the RS is going to be a true manual, so I expect that AWD or not, its acceleration numbers aren't going to be as good being that the average person takes 3-4x the time to shift compared to a DCT.

That said, the RS is still on my wish list.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I've always felt the R was just not reasonable. First off, the car is amazing mk4 r32 was the best.

Back in the 2004 day...
The prices the are asking for a R is almost always like $1-3 shy of evo/sti money. Which makes it a tough sell least to me.... not a bad car but just a car I would overlook if I was in the market for a R. I assume now it's about the same... but least they bought back the manual Trans, kept the awd and added a turbo in the last Gen.

How old are you? I could see wanting an Evo or Sti over this if I was 25 or younger but at 31 I'll take the Golf R all day. No offense Mook.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I have heard the RS is getting a slightly larger turbo than the 2.3L EB in the Mustang, which may give it better potential if true. But I didn't see any specs, so no real clue here.

But the RS is going to be a true manual, so I expect that AWD or not, its acceleration numbers aren't going to be as good being that the average person takes 3-4x the time to shift compared to a DCT.

That said, the RS is still on my wish list.

My guess is stock for stock the RS will be more raw and a better performer. The modding community will be a lot better for the Golf R.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info