Ceramic header coating

FlyinGTP

Regular
Apr 25, 2008
Elk Grove
I have a set of long tube LS stainless kooks headers and off road pipes. I'm looking to get them coated. Probably the polished silver look or a darker gray as opposed to black. I'm not into the bare stainless look. I'm looking for some recommendations of a local place that does good coating work. I've seen some work done by a place near Janesville in Wisconsin that looks great. They always have a booth at Jefferson. But I don't know how there stuff holds up in the long run.

So any recommendations would be appreciated.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
I've always heard of people sending them in to places like Jet-Hot Ceramic Coatings

+1 on Jet-Hot.

I have used them many times in my industrial products and their shit holds up to serious torture - My 600 watt per inch high output UV emitters will burn through 1/8" aluminum at 6 inch distance in under 10 minutes. With the right Jet-Hot products applied it just never happens.
Their prices are fair, and if there was ever anything wrong, they have always stood behind their work, up to taking parts back, stripping them and redoing them at no cost.

CCPcoatings

Sep 30, 2014
Ceramic Coating Headers & Exhaust Components

I have a set of long tube LS stainless kooks headers and off road pipes. I'm looking to get them coated. Probably the polished silver look or a darker gray as opposed to black. I'm not into the bare stainless look. I'm looking for some recommendations of a local place that does good coating work. I've seen some work done by a place near Janesville in Wisconsin that looks great. They always have a booth at Jefferson. But I don't know how there stuff holds up in the long run.

So any recommendations would be appreciated.

If its a normally aspirated application and the engine is in perfect tune, already dynoed / broke in, bright ceramic would be fine. Anything outside of that you'll want to stick to a high temp ceramic rated at 2000F+......

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
if you are going for performance, as far as i could tell swaintech was the only place around that did real thick ceramic coatings. everyone else does some kind of paint. i'm sure it works to some point but not like the swaintech. i ran a 25 minute session yesterday, constant heat on a race track 4-7000 rpms - came off, parked, and could touch my header. magic. only available as an ugly rough white, although you could probably use that paint or something over them if you really wanted to change the color.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/automotive-discussions/147119-dat-swaintech.html

1.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info