best floor jack?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i have an oldish but pretty solid aluminum jack. i think back in the day it was 600... i got it used for something like 350 shipped. it's like dis but red yo.

litening_jack.jpg

with the brz lowered it's kind of a bitch to get to the front center jacking position, it barely really does it. i will likely end up with a real front splitter some point this year, at which point i don't expect the jack will work well at all.

so i am wondering who has some advice for a jack that is both pretty low and pretty long. most of what i'm seeing tends to be similar in size to this one (which i've been too lazy to measure) with the exception that a couple do look longer/lower, although come in at 100 lbs of steel.

advice?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
FWIW harbor frieght crap usually works great for the price and honestly it's probably the same as the black one linked to amazon just without the fancy paint or price. usually you can catch a coupon in the sales ad.

Low Profile Floor Jack - 2 Ton, Rapid Pump® Jack

I need one of those, every time ive worked on someones car lately its been lowered and i cant fit my jack under it

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Harbor Freight ftw. I have a heavy duty jack, that is about 7 years old now. Gets used on a daily basis and still working, but does bleed down slowly. Its getting replaced soon with another hf unit. I have a low profile aluminum jack, and been working perfect for the past year of daily use.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Harbor Freight ftw. I have a heavy duty jack, that is about 7 years old now. Gets used on a daily basis and still working, but does bleed down slowly. Its getting replaced soon with another hf unit. I have a low profile aluminum jack, and been working perfect for the past year of daily use.

take it apart, likely just a chewed up O ring.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info