Where to have wheels powder coated and repaired?

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I'm looking to have my wheels powder coated before they go back on for spring. Anyone have any recommendations on places that powder coat wheels as well as do minor curb rash repair? I found armor tech coating in Addison who will also take the tires off and remount them but had never heard of them so I'm seeing if anyone has any other recomendations. Thanks.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Armor tech is Powder X I believe and they posted in here in the past advertising their services.

There are actually a few PC threads if you search you will find some recommendations and pricing.

I was just looking them up last night...

There is someone in the FB group the advertises their services iirc. Dont remember the name tho.

No FB, if someone can look that up I'd be appreciative.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Heres a quick sample of what they did with my shelby's wheels. Man I should have held on to this car...

DSCN2349.jpg

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Subscribed. Not trying to thread jack, but anyone know what can be done about rims that were already powder coated?

They strip them and re-coat them. But they can get warped pretty easy from the heat of stripping. Then rebaking can also warp them. I had to replace one of my shelby rims when I had them do them flat black, then had them redo them to gloss black. One of the wheels got warped from the process of stripping off the flat black to do gloss, and had to be replaced and coated from scratch gloss black. It can be done, but it is frowned upon they told me back in the day.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
How long did it take and how much to PC?
when i dropped off my GTA wheels for the buick it was $130 per wheel refinshed, with black center and polished lip. and i had them back next day!

that was like 3 years ago though. i dont know if they still are, but they used to be a 24hr production facility and worked around the clock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info